Are you planning to enroll in the University of Texas at San Antonio? If yes, then we appreciate your right choice for completing your education. The University of Texas at San Antonio or UTSA is happily inviting candidates to apply for its IME Becas 2020 Scholarship. The fellow must be an undergraduate student of Mexican origin must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA to be eligible. While Graduate student of Mexican origin must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA to apply for this program.
The program aims to provide considerable support to the deserving candidates and make their journey easy in the university. The university understands how difficulties students face while completing their higher studies, and to reduce this financial burden, this program has been initiated. Students are encouraged to do better in careers and maintain an excellent academic record. The growth of Mexico is the primary goal of this program.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a multicultural discovery enterprise institution with more than 32,000 students. It is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region, with four campuses across the city. UTSA is the leading university providing a world-class education to create influential students contributing to the nation’s growth and society. Founded by the Texas Legislature in 1969, UTSA now offers more than 32,000 students access and opportunity. UTSA has four campuses: Main Campus, Downtown Campus, Hemisfair Campus, and Park West Campus.
Know more about the scholarship in the table:
|Educational Level||Freshmen or current students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||October 18, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
Please ensure about your eligibility before applying for the program; check the requirements mentioned below:
- An undergraduate student of Mexican origin must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA are eligible.
- Graduate student of Mexican origin must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA can apply.
- Applicants should maintain good academic standing and Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by Financial Aid & Scholarships.
- Enrollment (taking classes) as a UTSA student the semester before the summer session is mandatory.
- Fellows must be enrolled full time and be designated as degree-seeking.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need.
How to Apply
If you stand on all the eligibility requirements mentioned above, you can apply for the program through an online application. Candidates need to sign in using their credentials, which you get from the university. Please provide all the required details with care, as insufficient data will not be considered for the program. Late applications are strictly prohibited. All the supporting documents should be submitted with concern.
- A 250-word statement explaining how she/he is a good ambassador for Mexico and how she/he represents Mexico at UTSA.
- A statement fully explaining the need for financial assistance should be provided. Include any recent change in the financial situation and explain why the total amount of funding necessary for Fall 2020 cannot be obtained. You may attach any additional support documentation, but it is not a requirement to do so for consideration.
- UTSA must verify that the selected students are Mexican nationals or of Mexican origin by requesting one of the following documents: Mexican birth certificate, Mexican birth certificate of their parents, Mexican passport, Consular ID Card, or Mexican elector identification (IFE or INE).
The award amount for this program varies. But the funds received through this program are utilized only to pay the educational expenses of the candidate. This scholarship motivates the students to maintain an excellent academic record and appreciates their hard work for maintaining an excellent academic standing till the date. This scholarship encourages students to contribute to the development of Mexico.
Please submit your applications before October 18, 2020. Late applications will not be considered for the funds.