National Museum of Natural Sciences and the Catalan Association of Science Communication is glad to announce its “Illustraciencia International Award on Scientific Illustration”. This is an international contest open for students aged over 18 years old and all work teams.
The primary motive of this contest is to promote scientific illustration in all its forms and reward the work of scientific illustrators through the call for the International Award on Scientific Illustration.
The participant of the winning Illustraciencia of the 6th edition of Illustraciencia will receive 600 €. The applicant who will be selected by the audience will receive a diploma.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
Applicants for the contest must meet each of the following requirements:
- All work teams or individuals aged over 18 years old may participate in this Award regardless of the country of residence.
- The winner of the previous edition, the organizing committee and the members of the jury are excluded from this call.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
All participants can submit their application online form through the given link: http://illustraciencia.info/en/participa/
- The subject of the illustrations must be related to science or nature and the technique is free.
- The measure of the illustration must be A3 (420 x 297mm) 72 DPI in RGB and it should not include watermarks or texts (except signatures, numbers or figure letters and symbols).
- The participation form will include a text in Spanish, Catalan or English of (100-150 words) that explains, in addition to the species or element, some curiosity or characteristic shown in the illustration.
- The 40 selected have to send the illustration adapted to be printed size A3 (420 x 297mm) 300 DPI in CMYK.
- the participants can send a text explaining the process of their illustration creation using photographs or videos to firstname.lastname@example.org
The contest winner will receive €600 euro and while the author of the work selected by the audience will receive a diploma.
All entries are due by 20th June 2018
If you have any questions regarding the competition process, send an email to email@example.com