IEF is a nonprofit organization that has announced excellent scholarships in partnerships with the California Grocers Association and the Western Association of Food Chains. The Illuminators Educational Foundation gives college scholarships to anyone who is associated with the members of the Illuminators, Western Association of Food Chains, and the California Grocers Association.
You are suitable if you are a high school senior, a full-time college student with one or more years of undergraduate work outstanding, or an adult returning to college to promote your career within the food industry. These scholarships will be awarded to persons who have overcome individual adversities or exhibit unusual needs and have demonstrated admirable gains in academic standings. Good moral character is expected. Once a recipient has been chosen and has enrolled in an accredited college or university, the award will be deposited with the college or university’s registrar.
International Education Foundation is a nonprofit organization, promotes international education and technical research mobility by providing high-class study abroad and research opportunities through a global network of top-tier universities. For further than 120 years, the California Grocers Association has served as the accent of the state’s grocery community. A nonprofit, statewide trade association, CGA’s membership comprises more than 300 retailers operating extra than 6,000 brick-and-mortar supplies and approximately 150 grocery supply companies. The Western Association of Food manacle’s mission is to help the industry attract, retain, and advance high potential food industry associates through exposure to educational programs and leadership opportunities.
Table of Contents
To get quick information regarding the program, please check out the table below:
|Organization||Illuminators Educational Foundation, California Grocers Association, and Western Association of Food Chains|
|Educational Level||High school senior or undergraduate students|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||March 1, 2022|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarships are as follows:
- The candidate must be employed in the food industry.
- Candidate must be a direct relative* of anyone associated with a current member organization of illuminators, illuminators Educational Foundation, California Grocers Association, or Western Association of Food Chains.
- The candidate must be enrolled as a High school senior or undergraduate student.
How to Apply?
To apply, you have to present an essay on whichever of the following prompts:
- What qualities in a company encourage you to work for them?
- How do you see yourself making a difference in another person’s life?
There are many types of scholarships, so the benefit of each scholarship is different such as follow:
- Special Recognization in 2022 – Three Special Recognition Scholarships in memory of Paul Christianson
- Thirteen scholarships of $1,000 intended for community college Retail Management Certificate students/graduates.
- Twenty-two scholarships of $2,500 awarded based on academic performance and overall school/community involvement.
- Thirteen scholarships of $2,500 are intended for students’ circumstances and ability to overcome adversity.
- Two scholarships of $2,500 were awarded for graduate-level work.
- $12,000 awarded to the CGA Educational Foundation.
- $25,000 awarded to WAFC Education Fund.
Completed applications must be submitted in full no later than March 1, 2022. Final selections will be announced by the Illuminators scholarship committee no later than April 1, 2022. Timely applications will be given preference.