The Institution of Engineering and Technology is pleased o announce IET Engineering & Technology Photographer of the Year Competition. The competition is open to any photograph of an engineering-related subject that captures the dynamic, creative and progressive face of engineering and engineers today.
The IET Engineering & Technology Photographer of the Year 2018 is open internationally and is split into two age categories: Youth – 16 and under, Adults – Over 16.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Open to any photograph of an engineering-related subject that captures the dynamic, creative and progressive face of engineering and engineers today.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit with your photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The competition is divided into the following five categories: Digital, Environment and Energy, Design and Production, Structures, Transport.
- Persons in both age groups may submit photographs to any one or more of the five categories.
- The competition is open to all UK and non-UK residents and is subject to the laws of England. Entrants outside the UK must adhere to local laws.
- By entering a competition, the participants agree: to be bound by these terms and conditions; that their full name and country of residence will be published if their image is chosen or wins a prize; and that should they win the competition, their name and likeness may be used for pre-arranged promotional purposes.
- Must be labeled with the entrant’s name, age group and category (e.g. Mr. John Jones – Adult – Structures or e.g. Mr. John Jones – Adult – Smartphone photo).
- must be no more than 50MB – 300 dpi and in JPEG format only (excluding smartphone category) ;
- may be in color or black and white;
- Maybe digitally enhanced (e.g. to remove spots or scratches, to make it brighter and clearer) but not manipulated (e.g. by adding or removing elements of the image).
- All Entry Forms must be signed.
- Where the entrant is under the under the age of 16, the Entry Form must be signed by the entrant’s parent/legal guardian, and where necessary, the Promoter will correspond with the entrant’s parent/legal guardian in respect of this competition.
- The Entry Form must be labeled with the entrant’s name, age group, and category (e.g. Miss Anna Smith – Youth – Digital).
- All competition entries received after the Closing Date, or which are not submitted with an accompanying Entry Form, are automatically disqualified. 3.8 No purchase necessary and there is no charge to register.
- The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- a composite of several images (e.g. in the style of a college)
- excessively treated so as to alter their authenticity (although this does not apply to pictures captured through Instagram, where treatments are automatically added)
- automatically generated by computer
- completed by third parties or in bulk
- illegible, inaudible, incomprehensible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- obscene, indecent, or contain nudity, pornography, profanity, threats to any person, place, business or group, invade the privacy or rights of any person, firm or entity, any defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive either generally or to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group;
- violate a third party’s intellectual property rights; or
- Violate applicable laws and regulations.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
Images that are entered into the IET Engineering & Technology Photographer of the Year 2018 must meet the following requirements:
- Must be no more than 50MB – 300 dpi and in JPEG format (excluding smartphone photos)
- Must be labeled with the entrant’s name, age group, and category (e.g. Mr. John Jones – Adult – Structure)
- Can either be in color or black and white
- Can be digitally enhanced (e.g. to remove spots or scratches, to make it brighter and clearer) but not manipulated (e.g. by adding or removing elements of the image)
- Must be taken and owned by the entrant
- If the image is of any person, you had that person’s permission (or their parent/legal guardian’s permission if under 16) to take the photograph and to enter it into this competition
- Must be accompanied by a fully completed entry form and signature
- Five adult category winners £500
- Five youth category winners £150
- One overall winner will then be selected and awarded an extra £250
- One smartphone winner £150
Submit your image by 11:59 PM BST on Friday, 28 September 2018.
Please send any questions to email@example.com