The International Compost Awareness Week Committee of the Composting Council Research and Education Foundation (CCREF) invites applicants to get involved in ICAW 2019. The contest is open to anyone from ten years old to adult. There are 3 contest divisions: grades 3-7, grades 8-12, and college – adult.
They invite municipal, facility or state agency representatives, industry professionals, students, youth groups, commercial composters, green industry businesses, gardeners, environmentalists, everyone, to join in the fun Whether or not you have celebrated or been involved in ICAW in the past, they want you to participate this year.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The contest is open to anyone from ten years old to adult.
- There are 3 contest divisions: grades 3-7, grades 8-12, and college – adult.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://www.compostfoundation.org/ICAW-Poster-Entry-Form
- Entries are limited to one submission per artist.
- You must complete the online entry form and submit your poster with your application.
- Design: The poster must include the words International Compost Awareness Week May 5 – 11, 2019 along with the poster theme – Cool the Climate – Compost!
- The concept and images of the poster should be based on “compost use” or address the “benefits of recycling organic residuals.”
- They will especially look for images that demonstrate that organic materials are a key component to healthy soils.
- It provides the micro-organisms needed to break down nutrient in the soils needed to feed the plants and hold the water needed for plant growth.
- When creating your poster, remember that the winning poster will be reproduced and distributed nationally.
- The Composting Council Research and Education Foundation’s logo, along with sponsor logos, will be added to the poster below the winning image.
- Only original artwork will be considered. Check your spelling; misspelling the theme will disqualify your poster!
- Electronic Resolution and Format: Artwork is to be submitted in electronic format with a resolution of 300 dpi and in jpg format.
Note: Poster Winner will be requested to resubmit poster at a higher resolution for reproduction purposes.) Poster should measure no larger than 12” wide X 17” high and be vertical (portrait) in orientation.
The successful poster winner will receive a $500 prize.
The contest will close on November 5, 2018, 12 midnight EST.
For questions, please send an email to email@example.com