Applications are open for the 2019 IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Award program funded by International Business Machines Corporation (IBM). The award is open to international Students who should have three years remaining in their graduate program at the time of nomination.
The IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Program is an intensely competitive worldwide program, which honors exceptional Ph.D. students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies.
focus areas include the following topics of particular interest: AI / Cognitive Computing, Blockchain, Cloud Computing, Core Technologies, Data Science / Big Data / Analytics, Internet of things, Quantum Computing, Security.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Nominations are welcome for students of all nationalities.
- Students must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member.
- Students should have three years remaining in their graduate program at the time of nomination.
- Non-US Citizens who wish to participate in an internship in the US must obtain work authorization under the specifics of their visa.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://global-university-awards.ibm.com/
- Students from US embargoed countries are not eligible for the program.
- Award recipients will be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence, the degree to which their technical interests align with those of IBM, and their academic progress to-date, as evidenced by publications and endorsements from their faculty advisor and department head.
- Students receiving a comparable fellowship from another company or institution during the same academic period are not eligible for an IBM D. Fellowship.
- Focus areas include the following topics of particular interest:
- AI / Cognitive Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Core Technologies
- Data Science / Big Data / Analytics
- Internet of things
- Quantum Computing
- A fellowship includes a stipend for two academic years (2019-2020 and 2020-2021) and, in the US, an education allowance for year one (2019-2020).
- In the US, fellowship recipients while in school will receive a stipend for living expenses, travel, and to attend conferences ($35,000 for 2019-2020 and $35,000 for 2020-2021).
- US fellowship recipients will also receive $25,000 toward their education in 2019-2020.
- Outside the US, fellowship recipients while in school will receive a competitive stipend for living expenses, travel, and to attend conferences for the two academic years 2019-2020 and 2020-2021. Fellowship stipends vary by country.
Nominations for the 2019 IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Award program will be accepted from September 20 to October 25, 2018.
For further information contact email@example.com.