Hunter College is the largest senior college in the City University of New York. Hunter is known as one of the more affordable schools in the Manhattan area providing low-cost, yet high-quality education. It has provided educational opportunities for women and minorities, and today, students from every walk of life and every corner of the world attend Hunter.
The college offers studies in more than one hundred undergraduate and postgraduate fields across five schools. More than 23,000 students currently attend Hunter, pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 170 areas of study.
With 38.7% Hunter College acceptance rate, it is highly selective College. Hunter has 673 full-time and 886 part-time faculty members,and 20,844 students—15,718 undergraduates and 5,126 graduates. W Hunter students are strongly committed to higher education.
Table of Contents
What GPA do you need to get into Hunter College?
- The average GPA at Hunter College is 3.2.
- This makes Hunter College Moderately Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.2, Hunter College accepts below-average students.
Hunter College SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
How much does it tuition & Cost to go to Hunter College?
Hunter College Tuition for Undergraduate Students (Effective Fall 2018)
New York State Residents
- Full-time Students: $6,730 per year
- Part-time Students: $295 per credit
- Full-time Students: $18,000 per year, $600 per credit
- Part-time Students: $600 per credit
What majors is the Hunter College known for?
- The most popular majors at CUNY–Hunter College include Psychology; Social Sciences; English Language and Literature/Letters, Health Professions and Related Programs; and Visual and Performing Arts.
- Hunter students have their choice of 70
programsleadingto a BA or BS degree; 10 BA-MA joint degree programs; and 75 graduateprograms.
- Hunter offers several honors programs,
includingtheMacaulay Honors College and the Thomas Hunter Honors Program.
Is Hunter College a public or Private school?
- Hunter, a fully accredited college, is
organizedintofour schools such as The School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Education, the School of the Health Professions, and the School of Social Work.
- It administers Hunter College High School and Hunter College Elementary School.
- The Hunter College student body is governed by the Undergraduate Student Government and the Graduate Student Association(GSA), both of which offer a wide range of activities and services.
- Hunter offers approximately 150 clubs that reflect the diverse interests of its student body.
- At Hunter, they receive prestigious national grants, contribute to the world’s leading academic journals, and play major roles in cutting-edge research.
- Talented students from around the world apply to Hunter’s master’s programs in the fine arts, including creative writing, studio art, integrated media arts, and playwriting.
- More than half hold jobs and more than a third are the first in their families to attend college, and despite the challenges they face, their level of academic achievement is extremely high.
What SAT score is required for the Hunter College?
- The average SAT score composite at Hunter College is 1240.