The Academy of Humanitarian Law is glad to announce the Human Rights Essay Award for the US students at American University Washington College of Law.
Candidates must have a law degree and have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights are eligible to apply.
The Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law are one of many specialized departments in the American University Washington College of Law located in Washington, D.C.
Who May Eligible
- Applicant must be a resident of the United States.
- Past Winners cannot submit essays in this competition.
How to Apply
- Essays must be submitted using the online submission form. No emailed entries will be accepted.
- Essays will only be accepted in Word Format
The Academy will grant two awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish. The Award in each case will consist of:
- The scholarship covers tuition for the Program of Advanced Studies in Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options
- Travel expenses to attend the program in Washington D.C.
- Living expenses for the three-week program
Application Deadline: Articles must be received by the Academy by February 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.