AcademyHealth is a nonpartisan, nonprofit professional organization is delighted to announce the 2019 HSRProj Research Competition for Students: Identifying Research Gaps in HSR. The competition is open to the applicants who must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
This annual competition invites students to use data in progress (HSRProj) database from health service research projects in conjunction with other sources to identify research interval in health services and system research.
The winner or winning team will be invited to present their research as a featured poster at the 2019 AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting in Washington D.C., on June 2-4, 2019.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible, students must:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in health services research, communication science, data science, informatics, information science, public health, health economics, statistics, or a related field
- Work alone or in groups of no more than three
- Work with an academic advisor (and it is strongly encouraged, but not required, for students to seek out university librarians for advice on your project)
- Use the HSRProjfull database, which is available online in .xml here and Excel format here; and
- Use at least one supplemental data source, such as those listed below under “Resources.”
How to Apply & Competitions Rules
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://www.academyhealth.org/form/2019-HSRProj-Research-Competition-for-Students
- Submissions are to be made through the application web form.
- A complete submission
needs to include:
- The application form with each team member’s and faculty advisor’s information;
- A structured abstract for the project of no more than 500 words, using the judging criteria as a guide; and
- Up to three data visualizations that illustrate the authors’ approach and findings.
- Students are encouraged to seek course credits through their university for participation in this competition.
- Note: There will be no exceptions to the March 1 deadline.
- Finalists will be notified of their selection by the judges by the first week of April.
- The winner or winning team will be invited to present their research as a featured poster at the 2019 AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting in Washington D.C., on June 2-4, 2019.
- Note that the winner(s) will need to cover their own lodging, transportation, and registration.
- In addition, the winner(s) will be invited to work with AcademyHealth staff to write a blog post to be featured on AcademyHealth’s website describing their project and experience.
The application will close on March 1, 2019.