Howard University is a private, research university comprised of 13 schools and colleges. It is the most comprehensive HBCU in the nation and produces the most black doctorate recipients of any university. The University is committed to continuing to produce leaders for America and the global community.
At the university students pursue studies in more than 120 areas leading to undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. It also offers more than 120 areas leading to undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees. Howard has awarded more than 120,000 degrees in the arts, the sciences, and the humanities.
With 49% Howard University acceptance rate, the University is a highly competitive school to get into with a lesser chance of acceptance for qualifying applicants. Howard is a leader in STEM fields. Howard is one of the top five largest HBCUs in the nation with around 10,000 students. The student to faculty ratio is 7:1.
What GPA do you need to get into the University of Howard University?
If you’re a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change from this point on.
- The average GPA at Howard University is 3.33.
- This makes Howard University Moderately Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.33, Howard University accepts below-average students.
Howard University SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
What is a good ACT score for Howard University?
- The average ACT score at Howard University is 24.
- This score makes Howard University Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it tuition & cost to go to Howard University?
Howard University’s Cost of Attendance components have consisted of the following:
|Books and Supplies||$750||
Room and Board
|Travel and Personal||$1,250||
What majors is the Howard University known for?
- The most popular majors at Howard University include Physical Sciences; Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, and Social Sciences.
- Howard offers three highly selective honors programs for its most high-achieving undergraduate students: the College of Arts & Sciences Honors Program, the Executive Leadership Honors Program in the School of Business, and the Annenberg Honors Program in the School of Communications.
- Students pursue studies in more than 120 areas leading to undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees.
Is Howard University a public or Private school?
- Established in 1867, Howard University is a federally chartered, private, doctoral research extensive university located in Washington, DC.
- With an enrollment of approximately 11,000 students in its undergraduate, graduate, professional, and joint degree programs, which span more than 120 areas of study within 13 schools and colleges, the University is dedicated to educating students from diverse backgrounds.
- Howard University’s unique mission represents an unwavering commitment to its core values of leadership, excellence, truth, and service.
- The University is dedicated to attracting and sustaining a cadre of faculty who are, through their teaching, research and service, committed to the development of distinguished, historically aware, and compassionate graduates and to the discovery of solutions to human problems in the United States and throughout the world.
- The historic main campus sits on a hilltop in Northwest Washington blocks from the storied U Street and Howard Theatre.
- The University has an enduring commitment to the education and advancement of underrepresented populations in America and the global community.
- The university provides an educational experience of exceptional quality at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels to students of high academic standing and potential, with particular emphasis upon educational opportunities for Black students.
- Howard’s aim is to forward the development of scholars and professionals who drive change and engage in scholarship that provides solutions to contemporary global problems, particularly ones impacting the African Diaspora.
What SAT score is required for the Howard University?
- The average SAT score composite at Howard University is 1190.