The National Security Organization is pleased to offer the HORIZONS-Michigan Scholarship for Women in Defense. The program is inviting U.S women who are enrolled at an accredited Michigan university or college.
The award is to honour those incredible women who serve or want to serve their country. The deserving scholar will be getting financial assistance to complete their higher studies without facing any barriers in their career path.
A National Security Organization is a non-profit professional networking and development organization for women and men across Michigan who contributes to national defence and security. It was formed in 2007 to strengthen the national security industry by inspiring women.
Who May Eligible?
Candidates must meet up with the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be a woman.
- Must be a resident of Michigan.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited Michigan university or college, either full-time or part-time.
- Must be a graduate or undergraduate who has attained at least junior-level status (60 credits).
- Must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career related to national security or defence.
- Must demonstrate educational expenses.
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 3.25
How to Apply
The complete application should be submitted in one email to email@example.com with the recommendation letters, which is to be signed and provided directly by the author to the same email address.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Attached narrative responses
- Official transcripts – direct from your school
- Two letters of recommendation – direct from individuals
- Transcripts should be mailed directly from the school to Women in Defense Michigan ATTN: Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 4744 Troy, MI 48099
The HORIZON- Michigan Scholarship awards will be applied toward the following Winter/Spring semester of the winner.
The application deadline for the scholarship program is June 30, 2020