All the United States Citizen students have an extraordinary opportunity to level up their education through Horatio Alger Association’s State scholarships. If you need some financial support to complete your higher studies, then you should grab this opportunity. Horatio Alger Association is introducing its mind-blowing State Scholarships to the United States citizen students who are enrolled full time as high school seniors and progressing normally towards graduation in the spring or summer of 2021 with the plan to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation.
Through these programs, the association aims to contribute to the growth and sustainability of the nation. These programs provide the needed help to all the deserving students who are keen on their goals. These scholarships are designed to provide the required support to the students in the country who are struggling with their financial needs and their education. The association aims to provide substantial help to these students and motivate them to perform extraordinarily in their academics to grow their careers in the right direction.
Since 1984, Horatio Alger Association Members and Friends have been funding need-based college scholarships for low-income youth to pursue their dreams through higher education. So far, the association has awarded more than $193 million to approximately 27,000 students. The association supports students pursuing a career and technical certificates and degrees, bachelor’s degrees, and graduate studies through its many scholarship programs. In addition to scholarship support, the association offers several services and opportunities to Horatio Alger Scholars.
|Organization||Horatio Alger Association|
|Educational Level||High school|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||October 25, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
Get a glance at the below-given requirements to ensure your eligibility before applying for the program:
- Candidates should be a United States citizen.
- The fellow should be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2021 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation.
- Applicant should exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution).
- Fellows should demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required).
- Individuals should be involved in co-curricular and community service activities and display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity.
- Candidates should maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
How to Apply
If you are willing to be the one to enjoy the tremendous benefits of this program, you first need to complete the eligibility quiz. Please answer and submit all the questions required by the association. All the applications are expected to be received before the deadline. The association for the scholarship will not entertain incomplete or late applications. Candidates should provide all the materials with care to be considered.
Each student selected will receive the amount of $10000. State scholarships are awarded to eligible students in all fifty states and the District of Columbia. The program specifically assists high school students who have faced and overcome significant obstacles in their young lives. It encourages these leaders to work hard and complete their dreams by overcoming all the obstacles on their way.
The last date to apply for the program is October 25, 2020.