Get a chance to suggest and put your thoughts in the form of Speech Essay and win a cash award. The City Club of Cleveland has organized a speech essay contest for students from 9th to 12th grade in Northeast Ohio.
This contest has a motive of exploring thoughts of the young generation on rapidly growing technology and its use. Scholars with unique and brilliant ideas will be granted various valuable amounts of scholarships.
The City Club of Cleveland was established in 1912 and is located at Cleveland. It is one of the nation’s great free speech forums and also the longest continuous independent free speech forum in the country. The forum is committed to informing, connecting and motivating citizens in the Cleveland.
Who May Eligible
Students are required to take a glance over the eligibility criteria:
- Must be a high school student from 9th to 12th grade
- Must be enrolled in any public, private, parochial, charter and home schools in Northeast Ohio.
How to Apply
- Must provide a speech essay of 500-1000 word on the topic mentioned on the site.
- The winner will be judged on their clarity, content, originality, and significance, and by responding to the correct question and required components of the essay.
- Must use 3 to 5 articles from reliable, valid sources in your essay.
The scholarship awards for the recipients are as follows:
For 11/12 Grade
- First Place: $1,000
- Second Place: $750
- Third Place: $500
- Honorable Mention: $250
For 9/10 Grade
- First Place: $500
- Second Place: $250
- Third Place: $150
- Honorable Mention: $100
The deadline for the contest is April 1, 2022, so fill your information early to get considered.