HomeAdvisor is a digital marketplace is pleased to announce the scholarship, it will be award $2,500 to six students who can devise a creative solution to America’s skilled labor crisis.
Home Advisor Skilled Labor Shortage Scholarship is open to US students who are planning to attend a community college, technical institute, or university during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Eligible students are planning to attend a community college, technical institute, or university during the 2019-2020 academic year to study anything from construction management, plumbing or carpentry to landscape architecture or interior design.
- There is no minimum SAT, ACT or GPA.
- You must be 18 or older and a U.S. resident.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules
To participate, the
applicants must submit an onlineapplication
form through the given link:
- Begin by reading the prompt and selecting a topic from below.
- Then, write your own 1,000 to 2,000-word essay.
- Essays will be evaluated for their creativity and originality, relevance to the topic, and overall quality.
Imagine a world — just 30 short years from now — in which no one knows how to build a house or fix a leaky toilet.
Pick your topic:
- How would you encourage your peers or others to pursue a career in construction or maintenance?
- What do you think trade professionals or organizations could do to engage, train, and hire young talent in the trades?
- What would you say to persuade parents, teachers, or others to educate young people about these job opportunities?
HomeAdvisor will award $2,500 to six students who can devise a creative solution to America’s skilled labor crisis.
Complete the submission form by March 15th, 2019 (11:59 PM MT).