Give wings to your educational dreams with the help of this Hokulani Washington Fund Scholarship available for 2021. This scholarship was established by Estelle Kelley with the motive of supporting students, with limited financial means, in experiencing the life gift of education. This is a renewal scholarship that will provide a handsome award to all deserving students to pursue an advanced degree in their chosen field. Applicants must be graduating high school seniors from public or private schools within the state of Washington or the Greater Portland, Oregon Metropolitan Area or current students continuing their undergraduate education.
Estelle Kelley believes that continuing education is the key factor in enriching and sustaining lives that honour individuals’ uniqueness. She also knows about all the hardships that students experience due to the higher cost of education. And that is why she has designed this fund supporting students in acquiring quality higher education so that they can achieve their goals and get success in whatever they do. This initiative is taken to address students’ need for financial support and motivate them to earn an education and make achievements in their chosen field.
Community Foundation Southwest Washington has been cultivating, celebrating and sustaining all forms of charitable giving in southwest Washington to help strengthen the region forever. The mission of this organization is to inspire the culture of giving to create a vibrant and engaged community.
Get access to quick information through this table:
|Organization||Community Foundation Southwest Washington|
|Educational Level||High school seniors and undergraduate|
|Number of Awards||4|
|Application Deadline||March 31 2021|
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be Washington State residents, with preference given to residents of Clark, Cowlitz and Skamania counties.
- Candidates should be either (1) a graduating high school senior from a public or private schools within the state of Washington or the Greater Portland, Oregon Metropolitan Area OR (2) a current student continuing their undergraduate education.
- Aspirants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.95 – 3.45.
- Participants must continue their education during the upcoming school year at an accredited private four-year college or university anywhere on the mainland United States (not in Hawaii, Alaska, or other U.S. territories).
- Preference will be given to students who are the first family member to attend an accredited college or university.
- In order to receive additional awards, students must apply each year and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
How to Apply
If you are looking forward to being a part of this opportunity, then you will need to complete an online application form asking some questions that you will have to answer. Please make you, all the information you provide is correct and complete as any incomplete or fake information might cause disqualification.
There are four scholarships available for all eligible students, and each scholarship is valued at $3,000. All scholarships are renewal and to take advantage of renewal scholarship, candidates will need to maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
The application deadline is March 31 2021. Candidates who meet the requirements successfully and are interested in this opportunity can send their application to save their place in this program.