Are you an artist having exceptional capabilities in the fields of arts? Here is an excellent fellowship to encourage your talent. The Lewis Center for the Arts is offering two artist fellowship programs, Princeton Arts Fellowships and Hodder Fellowships for the year 2020 – 21 to support the artists in all the artistic disciplines having great talent and demonstrate exceptional promise.
The scholarship aims to support the artists in their fields to do better without worries about the finances. It encourages the talent and the hard work of the artists through their fellowship programs. It proves to be an essential turning point in the lives of artists struggling to get attention and grow their careers.
Lewis Center Princeton for the arts, along with other departments, is offering innovative and creative semester combining remote activity with some on-campus opportunities. It provides students with fantastic training and valuable curriculum in the atelier, creative writing, dance, music theatre, and visual arts. It effectively encourages the students to have a deep interest and skills and capability to do excellent in the fields of art.
Who May Be Eligible?
Criteria to apply for the Hodder Fellowships and Princeton Arts Fellowships are similar, some mandatory requirements for both the programs are given below:
- Candidates should be composers, performance artists, choreographers, visual artists, writers, playwrights, or other artists or humanists with promising performance.
- Candidates should have done significant work in their respective fields of art.
- Fellows after selection should be an active member of the community to engage interactions with students during the academic years frequently.
- Applicants who are not U.S citizens can apply
- Ph.D. degree holders from Princeton are not eligible to apply
How to Apply
Only the qualified candidates are welcome to apply for the grant through an online application form. Applicants need to fill all the required details and the supporting documents to be considered for the fellowship. Late or incomplete applications will not be entertained
- Documents proving the candidate’s eligibility should be provided
- For Princeton arts fellowship, candidates should submit a resume and a personal statement of 500 words about how they would hope to use the two years of the scholarship at this moment of their career. Contact information pf the three references should be provided. Work samples of the candidates should be submitted via online form.
Applicant getting selected for the Princeton Arts Fellowships will receive an $84,000 stipend per year. Applicants can apply for this scholarship twice in their lifetime. It provides deserving applicants with exceptional qualities support to do better in their respective fields, in the stream of arts.
The last date to apply for these programs is September 15, 2020.