Take the chance and apply for the H&M Design Award. H&M wants to find the most promising graduates from the world’s top fashion schools and give them the opportunity to progress their career in fashion. The competition is open to graduate students or who plan to graduate from a 2018 BA or MA qualifying program (or equivalent to that) from a participating college.
As the newly crowned winner of the H&M Design Award, Stefan will receive up to €50,000 in prize money. The winner will be awarded a prize of €25,000 as well as 6 months long paid internship at H&M’s Head Office in Stockholm. All finalists, including the winner, will be awarded €5,000 for making it to the final.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- You must plan to graduate from a 2018 BA or MA qualifying program (or equivalent to that) from a participating college. Find all schools participating in the award here.
- Your graduate collection should be based on garments, with at least four complete outfits per entry (sorry, no entries that are just print or accessories).
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must need to do register and complete the information through the given link: http://designaward.hm.com/registration/
- The collection can focus on womenswear, menswear, childrenswear or mixed collections.
- The primary focus of the collection should be the garments, not textiles or accessories.
- Note that the H&M Design Award is held in English so it is important that you are able to speak and understand this language.
A complete application should contain:
- Digital portfolio (e.g. mood boards, idea sketches and final designs from your graduate collection)
- Entering graduate collection must include a minimum of four outfits and the primary focus of the collection should be the garments, not textiles or accessories.
- CV in English
- Personal cover letter in English
- The winner will be awarded a prize of €25,000 as well as 6 months long paid internship at H&M’s Head Office in Stockholm, working alongside the design team that develops our most fashion-forward collections.
- The paid internship includes a monthly salary, accommodation in Stockholm, as well as other benefits.
- The winner has the option to exchange the internship for a grant of €25,000. The total prize sum will then amount to €50,000.
- In addition, all finalists, including the winner, will be awarded €5,000 for making it to the final.
All applications must be received by July 31, 2018.