Do you believe in the presence of hope? Then you can and try and capture a special moment portraying its beauty this coming season. Hamdan Bin Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum is pleased to announce the HIPA International Photography Award. The award is open to all individuals over the age of 18 from all over the world.
The Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) is an international photography award established in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, in order to encourage and spread the culture of photography across the world.
The Award appeals to all talented photographers across the globe and also nurtures national talent, which will, in turn, attract international art and cultural attention. The Award highlights how Dubai is fast developing into one of the most artistically conscious and established cities in the world.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- All individuals from all over the world are encouraged to participate.
- Applicant must be over the age of 18 years.
- Previous winner with HIPA, eligible to participate in the current season of competition.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link: https://members.hipa.ae/Account/Login
- The HOPE’ is the main theme of this year’s competition. Other categories are General, Portfolio, and the Aerial Photography/Video.
- You hereby certify that you are eighteen (18) years old or older at the date of submitting your Photo(s)/Video(s) to the Competition.
- You further understand and agree that HIPA will automatically and without further notice discard any Photo(s)/Video(s) that are found to be submitted by a participant that is below eighteen (18) years old at the time of the Submission.
- Your photo(s)/video(s)
- You may submit up to one (1) Photo/Video in each relevant category of the Competition including the subcategories under the General category including the Video category (Drone) where can submit one (1) Video in the category.
- Except for the Portfolio category where you can submit between 5 – 10 Photo(s) You must provide a title and description for each Photo/Video submitted and a description for the set of photos in the Portfolio category.
- The same Photo must not be submitted in more than one (1) category. Any Photo submitted in more than one (1) category will be discarded from the Competition.
- Submitted Photo must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 5 MB in size, the minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi to be suitable for publication.
- In the Video Category (Drone), the submitted video must be and must be between 3-5 minutes long.
- The Video should be a high definition quality 1920 X 1080 with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- You are kindly requested to upload the original Photo(s) (RAW) or the Photo(s) without any editing on the time of submitting the Photo(s) to the Competition.
- This restriction does not apply to the Video and HIPA may require you to send over some original frames of the Video at a later date.
- Black and white Photo(s) are permitted in all the categories of the Competition except for the Color subcategory under the General category.
- For the Portfolio category, you are requested to submit a series of Photo(s) on the same subject matter. The number of permitted Photo(s) is the minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 Photo(s).
- All submitted Photo(s)/Video(s) must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant.
- Basic technical editing of the Photo(s)/Video(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s)/Video(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations; including compositing and creative retouching of the Photo(s)/Video(s) is prohibited.
- HIPA preserves the right to assess and discard from the competition any submitted Photo(s)/Video(s) deemed, at HIPA’s own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
- Photo(s)/Video(s) that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including nudity, violence and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the UAE religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices will be disqualified.
- Photo(s)/Video(s) (that have won any previous award(s), whether in any HIPA prior competition(s), or in any other competition(s) whatsoever and announced before 31st October 2018 , and/or Photo(s)/Video(s) that have been previously used, or are intended to be used, for any kind of commercial purposes, must not be submitted.
- Any Photo(s)/ Video(s) submitted in contrary to the foregoing will be automatically and without further notice disqualified from the entire Competition.
- Video submissions for this category MUST be taken by a drone or any other automatic aircraft.
- Videos from any aerial platform will also be accepted.
- Submissions must be a minimum three minutes long and a maximum of five minutes in overall Each submission must have a minimum of 30 seconds in the aerial footage.
- Only one entry per participant will be accepted
- Minimum accepted quality of video submissions will be full HD, 4ksubmissions are also accepted.
- Participants must ensure that all submitted information is authentic and all content within their submissions is original.
- Submissions with watermarks and/or logos will not be accepted.
- Providing any false information regarding the submission will result in disqualification.
- Grand Prize-$120,000
- Portfolio (storytelling)
- Black & White
- Aerial photography (video)
- Special Awards
- Photography Appreciation Award -$20,000
- The Photography Content Creator Award -$15,000
- Emerging Person/Organization in Photography Award$-10,000
- Black & White
Last day of participation will be on 31 October 2018 at 11:59 pm (UAE local time)