The Donor Network West is pleased to announce that they are offering a 2022 High School Holiday Card Art Contest to invite the high school students from across northern California and northern Nevada to share their creative gifts by designing an original holiday card depicting this year’s theme: “Light the Way. Be a Beacon of Hope.”The primary purpose of the following contest is to help raise awareness about organ, eye, and tissue donation. More than 100,000 people are waiting for a life-saving organ transplant across the United States. 1,900 of those waiting are children. Just one donor can save up to 8 lives through organ donation and heal another 75 through tissue donation. Therefore, the Donor Network West is taking this generous initiative to encourage students to come forward and motivate people through their art concerning Organ, eye, and tissue donation.
High school student artists use their creative gifts for good in Donor Network West’s holiday card art contest. Held annually in the fall, this youth initiative provides mission-minded students with a platform to use their artistic talent to promote health, healing, and advocacy. High school students throughout Donor Network West’s service area of northern California and northern Nevada submit artwork that embodies the life-saving gift of organ and tissue donation. The entries will be judged based on creativity, visual impact, artistic merit, and originality by Donor Network West staff. The contest features several art mediums and offers monetary prizes to students and their instructors. The first-place winner’s artwork is featured on Donor Network West’s holiday card.
Donor Network West is a federally designated nonprofit, 501(c)3, organ procurement and tissue recovery organization (OPO) with headquarters in Northern California and Northern Nevada. Established in 1987, they serve more than 13 million people and connect a donor’s gift to those in need in 45 counties in Northern California and Northern Nevada. Their mission is to save and heal lives through organ and tissue donation for transplantation and research.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Donor Network West|
|Education Level||High school students|
|Number of Awards||3|
|Contest Deadline||September 26, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following is the eligibility requirement for the following scholarship contest:
- The candidate must be a high school student to be eligible to apply for this contest.
- The candidate must be from across northern California and northern Nevada.
- Examples of submissions eligible for the contest include: painting, drawing, and digital/computer-generated graphic design entries
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to submit their holiday card following the below-given instructions:
- Artwork must be the original design of the contestant and will not be returned
- Artwork can be submitted on paper (8.5 x 11) or digitally (8.5 x 11 at 300 DPI as a JPG, PDF, or TIFF)
- Only one submission per contestant is allowed
- Donor Network West reserves the right to display, publish, and make submissions available to the public
- They no longer use the green ribbon as the symbol of organ and tissue donation
- The holiday card design should appeal to all faiths and ethnicities
The artworks submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the selection committee and out of all, the three most deserving candidates will be selected as the winners of the following content and be given the following places:
- 1st Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $400
- 3rd Place: $300
- Social Media Fave: $100
- All teachers of winning students receive a $100 gift card
The 1st place design will be showcased as the Donor Network West company holiday card and distributed as a gift to charitable contributors
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is September 26, 2021. No submissions will be considered after this date.