Do you know about the valuable Heyman Post Gradu Fellowship by Harvard Law School? This scholarship is an excellent chance to level up your resume. If you are a 3Ls and 2018/19/20 Harvard Graduate, then this program is for you. Candidates who have secured a federal position or be in the pursuit of one are eligible to apply. The fellow should be willing to serve as a mentor to students and alumni. From 3 years out, applicants who have spent some or all of these years in clerkships or the public interest, fellowship are welcome to apply.
The goal of this program is to the candidates who are interested in public service. This fellowship encourages candidates in the federal government or in the process of pursuit of the federal government to provide the people with full of their potential and come up with innovative solutions to solve public issues. This fellowship levels the students resume and brings out their incredible qualities that can benefit the nation.
Founded in 1817, Harvard Law School is the oldest continuously operating law school in the United States and is home to the most extensive academic law library in the world. HLS combines genuine excellence and remarkable diversity on a scale that is unmatched anywhere. No law school has done more to shape law or legal education. The unique strength of their community is that it brings together, from around the world, so many exceptionally talented people of different backgrounds, lived experiences, interests, ambitions, approaches, methodologies, and perspectives.
Here is everything you need to know about the scholarship in the table below:
|Organization||Harvard Law School|
|Educational Level||Harvard Law Graduates|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||March 23, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, References, Resume, Transcripts|
Who May Be Eligible?
Here are the requirements you need to follow before applying for the fellowship:
- 3Ls and 2018/19/20 Harvard graduates are eligible for this fellowship.
- Candidates who have secured a federal position or be in the pursuit of one are eligible to apply.
- The fellow should be willing to serve as a mentor to students and alumni.
- From 3 years out, applicants who have spent some or all of these years in clerkships or public interest fellowship are eligible to apply.
- All federal positions qualify except for a judicial clerkship.
How to Apply
To apply for the fellowship eligible candidates need to complete the online application via CARAT. Candidates should upload the required application materials in CARAT. All the supporting materials should be submitted before the Deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered for the program. All the supporting materials should be legit. You need your Harvard credentials to complete the application and other details to complete the application. Please keep your materials ready while filling the form.
Submit a signed release of financial aid information mailed or turned in to OPIA as a hard copy. This should be a simple one-sentence statement authorizing to review your financial aid records. Please include your first and last name, Harvard ID number (if still a student), your social security number, and your signature.
- A two-page personal statement of interest in a particular federal employer and position. The statement must have your first, and the last name centered at the top of the page and address your background and commitment to public service, as well as an explanation of how the fellowship will help you achieve your long-term goals.
- A resume is mandatory.
- Transcript: official or unofficial transcripts accepted.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a faculty member, and one from a previous employer who supervised your work. A clinical faculty member may serve in either category. If possible, choose someone who can describe your potential contribution to the federal government. Letters written for other purposes and audiences (like clerkship letters) are acceptable, provided their content is applicable.
- The status of your federal position. Provide necessary information about your secured federal position if you have booked a position, or basic information about your federal job search if you have not yet confirmed a position.
The benefits of this fellowship are immense. This program adds a lot of value to the candidate’s CV and creates the right path for them to head toward success. This fellowship provides them with uncountable benefits and incomparable knowledge and experience to level up their careers. It motivates them to make most of their education and potential to benefit the nation.
The last date to submit all the applications is March 23, 2021.