A Virtual competition is being organized by IEE MTT-S Microwave High Power Techniques Committee in association with Keysight Technologies on October 15, 2021. Undergraduates and graduates from all over the world are invited to take part in the competition. The student must be studying in a recognized educational institution anywhere in the world. The candidate can enrol either individually or in a team of four. The 17th High-Efficiency Power Amplifier Student Design Competition will focus on PAs having both high efficiency and linearity over a relatively broad bandwidth. The candidates are required to build a highly efficient linear PA ranging between 1 to 10 GHZ.
Participating in the HEPA SDC, the candidates will gain a lot of experience and will be awarded $2000. Along with it, they will be able to avail several other benefits such as Modelithics high ethics PA model software. Taking part in such a world-level competition will prove to be of huge advantage to the students. The virtual event will be live for all the candidates where they can experience the best of the event and enhance their knowledge in the field. More and More candidates are invited to take part and boost their morale for further life endeavours by getting in touch with the top educated individuals virtually. This is the best chance an individual can get in their lifetime.
The contest is being organized by IEE MTT-S Microwave High Power Techniques Committee in collaboration with Keysight Technologies. It is a transnational society with more than 10,500 members and about 190 chapters globally. The Committee promotes the advancement of microwave theory and its applications. For about 60 years from now, the MTT-S has worked to advance the professional understanding of their members and towards the betterment of life of all people.
Refer to the following table for the details of the competition:
|Organization||IEE MTT-S Microwave High Power Techniques Committee|
|Educational Level||Undergraduates & Graduates|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Nationality||Both domestic & international|
|Application Deadline||September 1, 2021|
Who is Eligible?
Candidates from all over the world are invited to take part in the 17th High-Efficiency Power Amplifier Student Design Competition that is to be organized virtually on October 15, 2021. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Both undergraduates and graduates from any recognized institutions around the globe are allowed to participate.
- A student may enter as an individual but the team should not be of more than 4 students.
- To be eligible, the candidate should be enrolled on a full-time course during the time when the work was performed.
- No age bars
- The students should use the email address issued by their respective institutions during communications related to the contest.
How to Apply?
To take part in the competition, the candidates need to follow the stated steps:
- The participants must notify the MTT-S authority via e-mail at at email@example.com about their interest in taking part in the competition latest by September 1, 2021. This notice must include details of the educational institution affiliated with the entry, the name and contact details of the group advisor, and the power amplifier’s tentative output power level, DC voltage requirement and Frequency of operation.
- The deadline to ship the PA for safe delivery is October 1, 2021.
- The PA’s output flow should range between 4 to 49 watts.
- PA design can use any technology but the idea needs to be creative.
- PA mechanical design should necessarily allow for internal inspection of components.
- PA should allow a maximum supply of two DC voltage.
- The frequency range should be 1 to 10 GHz.
- PA should require less than 24 dBm of output power.
The winning individual or team will be awarded a sum of $2000 and will be invited to submit a paper describing their design to IEEE Microwave Magazine. This is a great opportunity for the candidates to work towards their dream project. Also, Modelithics will award their high precision PA model software to top three teams. Along with it, Cadence will reward the one-year complimentary license of its AWR Design Environment software to the top three PA teams.
The last date of submission of candidature is September 1, 2021, and the last date to ship the PA is October 1, 2021, to avowing shipping complexities. The shipping details will be provided after the registration is completed. The final event will virtually be organized on October 15, 2021.