Competitions play a role in motivating students to perform and excel. That’s why, Hektoen International, the Online Journal of Medical Humanities, is sponsoring the Essay Writing Competition for talented applicants.
Hektoen International publishes literary and visual works that explore the intersection of culture and health and they also welcome personal essays that reflect experience as a patient, professional, or caregiver.
Who May Eligible
- Entrants could be from anywhere in the world.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older.
How to Apply
- Submit an essay that is no longer than 1600 words on the theme of Blood and send it to email@example.com
- Articles must be unpublished, original work that relates medicine to the humanities.
- The essay must include at least one image.
- The article and images must follow the journal’s guidelines. The submission must also include a cover page and proper formatting of both text and images.
- Participants must certify that their work is original and that they have copyright ownership and permission to use any images submitted.
The prizes will distribute in the following manner:
- For Winner: $3000 and publication.
- For Runner-up: $800 and publication
Application deadline: All the essays must be submitted by January 15, 2020