Here is one of the most prestigious scholarships by the U.S. Army. United States Citizen students in the health care field have an extraordinary chance to get their education funded with the help of the valuable scholarship ever. The U.S. Army is proudly expecting candidates to apply for their Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP). Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited graduate program in the U.S. or Puerto Rico. Fellows should be United States citizens.
The main goal of the program is to support the students and help them in reducing financial barriers. Completing a healthcare degree is a challenging aspect, and to support the students through this, such scholarships have been designed. This program will provide full support and will ultimately reduce all the financial burden on the candidates. It motivates the students to do better in their careers and support society and the nation’s growth with their education.
The army is made up of more than 700,000 Soldiers, including active duty and Army Reserve personnel. Army Soldiers fill many roles. They are doctors, lawyers, and engineers; they are electricians, computer programmers, and helicopter pilots; they are police officers, logistics experts, and civil affairs representatives. The Army’s constant need for a diverse range of individual Soldiers, each with his or her expertise, is what sets it apart from other military branches. There is nothing more prestigious than being in the Army and providing the nation.
Get a glance at the table below for more information about the scholarship:
|Educational Level||University students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
Who May Be Eligible?
Take a look at the requirements mentioned below before applying for the program:
- Fellows should be enrolled in (have a letter of acceptance from or a list of schools applied to) an accredited graduate program in the U.S. or Puerto Rico.
- For Medical/Osteopathy: Be enrolled in an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy.
- For Dental: Entry into any ADA-accredited D.D.S. or D.M.D. Program.
- For Veterinarian: Be enrolled in an AVMA-accredited D.V.M. or V.M.D. Program.
- For Specialty Nurse: Be enrolled in an accredited Bachelor of Nursing program.
- For Counseling/Clinical Psychology: Be enrolled in an APA-accredited clinical or counseling psychology doctoral program.
- For Optometry: Be enrolled in an accredited optometry program.
- Candidates should be a U.S. citizen.
- The fellow should hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited school.
- The applicant should maintain full-time student status during the length of the program.
- Students must Qualify as a commissioned officer.
How to Apply
First of all, you need to reach out to an Army medical or local recruiter to schedule a preliminary interview to learn about joining the Army health care team and the HPSP application process. They will also provide the application forms. Please fill the form with all mandatory information and materials without any negligence. Collect all the materials required and submit them with your application.
- Submit your transcripts, letters of recommendation, and test scores.
The benefits of this program are mentioned below:
- Full tuition (up to 4 years, depending on specialty).
- Books, equipment, other fees.
- $2,400+ monthly stipend.
- $20,000 sign-on bonus.
- Officer’s pay during school breaks.
- Monthly allowance for food and housing.
- Salary increases with promotions, time in service, and cost-of-living adjustments.
Applications for this program are open. Start your process as soon as possible.