The Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) is proud to offer the HCA Corris Boyd Scholars Program sponsored by HCA in the United States.
The award program is open for full-time US students in honor of a healthcare leader who dedicated his life to diversity and excellence in leadership.
AUPHA is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery through excellence in healthcare management and policy education. It is a global network of colleges, universities, faculty, individuals and organizations.
Application Deadline: April 18, 2020
To be earnest, the applicants must meet all the following:
- Be a full-time student
- Be a student of one of the following races: African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian American, Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Latino/Hispanic, Multiracial
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA (out of 4.0) in undergraduate coursework
- Have US citizenship or permanent resident status
How to Apply
To enter, candidates must submit a completed application, including all documentation.
- Supporting Documents: Program Information, Cumulative GPA, unofficial GRE or GMAT score report, Resume, Personal Statement not longer than 1,200 words, Letters of Recommendation (3 letters signed and on letterhead), Financial Support, and Transcripts. Note: Letter of recommendation and transcripts upload within the electronic application or will accept directly from the recommended via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), mail (AUPHA, 1730 M Street NW, Suite 407, Washington, DC 20036), and fax (202-849-6780).
- Entry Requirements: Have applied and been accepted into an AUPHA Full Member master’s degree program for a start in fall, but not before August 1st. Search the AUPHA Online Directory for eligible member programs. Under “Program Accreditation/Certification”, select the box for “CAHME Accredited Graduate Programs”. Scroll down the screen and select “Find a Program”. Then scroll down the screen to see the list of eligible programs.
- The recipient will get a $40,000 award for tuition and other payments at the AUPHA full-member graduate school program of their choice.
- The prize will be paid in four installments (August and December of the first year, then August and December of the second year).