The Institute for Education Studies is ecstatic to offer the HACU IES Abroad Scholarship for the current year 2020. The program is available for students who are currently attending a Hispanic-Serving Institution and accepted to or enroll in the summer, semester, or academic year IES Abroad program.
The mission of the program is to make students become global leaders through study abroad and scholarship programs. This award offers talented students the worldwide experiential learning opportunities that meet the highest standards of academic quality.
The Institute for the International Education of Students was founded in 1950 as the Institute of European Studies. It is a non-profit study abroad organization that administers a study abroad programs for U.S. college-aged students.
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Apply to/ accepted to and enroll in the summer, semester, or academic year IES Abroad program. (J-Term programs are not eligible).
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Priority is given to first-generation college students and Federal Pell Grant recipients.
- Return Requirement: If awarded one of these scholarships, after the IES Abroad program you agree to submit a 1-page statement about your experience abroad, including how it has affected you personally, professionally, and academically and how this scholarship supported your endeavors. Once submitted, this statement becomes property of IES Abroad and excerpts may be used in any/all IES Abroad electronic and printed publications. Additional details and instructions will be emailed to you after your program ends.
- Standard programs only. Customized programs are not eligible for IES Abroad financial aid.
How to Apply
The students eligible according to the mentioned criteria are need to log in and upload their asked credentials to get considered for the scholarship program. Applicants are required to fill their details correctly along with the asked documents.
- Student Aid Profile: Upload a document that shows all of the following information about your current aid situation
- Personal Statement: Submit a creative personal statement of no more than 500 words describing your goals for studying abroad in your selected location.
- Must Apply to an IES Abroad program
- Must complete the IES Abroad Aid Application
- All the participants need to submit the rest of their application documents hereto complete your application process.
The Institute for the International Education of Students will hand over students up to $2,500 for summer and up to $5,000 for the semester. The beneficiaries will surely get valuable support to overcome their financial burdens and pay for their educational purposes.
The annual deadline is May 1, for the Fall/academic year and November 1, for the spring/calendar year.