The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities is pleased to announce the scholarship opportunities provided by its partners to assist students in defraying some of their college expenditures. The students can apply for the Cafe Bustelo El Cafe Del Futuro Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship program intends to award twenty-five students that have applied to study an undergraduate or graduate degree program in any of the HACU members institutes a scholarship award amount of $5,000 each. The students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a minimum GPA of 2.0 to be eligible to win this scholarship.
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) was established in 1986 with a founding membership of eighteen institutions. Today, HACU represents more than 500 colleges and universities committed to Hispanic higher education success in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Latin America, Spain, and U.S. school districts. The mission of the association is to Champion Hispanic Success in Higher Education, which it fulfills by promoting the development of member colleges and universities, improving access to and the quality of post-secondary educational opportunities for Hispanic students, and meeting the needs of business, industry, and government through the development and sharing of resources, information, and expertise.
|Organization||Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities|
|Education Level||Undergraduate or Graduate|
|Number of Awards||25|
|Contest Deadline||31st July 2022|
Who is Eligible?
- The applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or eligible to work in the United States.
- The applicants must be full-time undergraduate or graduate students attending a four-year HACU member institution.
- The applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
How to Apply?
- The applicants must first submit an admission application to any member institute via its application process. Interested students must submit their scholarship applications by logging in here. Then, the applicants must prepare and submit an 800-word essay on the following topic:
- Describe how your Latino heritage, family, and the community in which you grew up have impacted your desire and motivation to obtain a college degree. Additionally, describe what you intend to accomplish with your degree and how you will give back to your community.
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) will select 25 scholarship winners and provide them a scholarship award of $5,000 each towards any undergraduate or graduate degree study undertaken by them at the member institutes.
The applications of candidates interested in winning this $5,000 scholarship must be submitted and received by the concerned committee by 5 p.m. CST, 1st July 2022. Applications received any later than this period will neither be accepted nor reviewed.