Love creating art? Enrolled in a New Zealand tertiary institution? Weta Workshop want to see what you can do! They are pleased to announce The Gwangmyeong Concept Design Competition. The competition is open to all students who aged 18 years or older and enrolled in a tertiary course in New Zealand.
The Design Competition has returned for 2018, seeking the best and brightest emerging artists from all corners of Aotearoa. Any New Zealand tertiary students (of any degree) are invited to submit their work.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- All students aged 18 years or older,
- Must be enrolled in a tertiary course in New Zealand.
- Employees and contractors of Weta Workshop and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To enter the Competition, the applicants must send the following information by email to email@example.com.
- Your full name.
- The New Zealand tertiary institution at which you are enrolled.
- The name of the tertiary course in which you are enrolled.
- Expected year of graduation.
- Indicate that you have a valid passport and accept the rules of this competition.
- When you enter the Competition, you must use your real name.
- You may enter as many times as you wish. However, each entry must be one page only.
- provide your work at the highest quality possible to give it the best chance to shine.
- any entries received by post are not eligible.
- Submissions may be no more than 10MB. PDF, PNG, TIFF and JPEG formats will be accepted.
- The winner and runner-up of the Competition will receive a trip with Richard Taylor to the 5th annual Gwangmyeong Concept Design Competition in South Korea. Travel dates for the trip will be between 8 – 16 September 2018. Flights, transfers, accommodation and travel insurance for the trip will be provided by us.
- The New Zealand winner will also receive a Cintiq Pro 13 (RRP NZD$1599) courtesy of our friends at Wacom (or a prize of greater or equivalent cash value).
- The New Zealand participants who come second and third in the Competition (“runners-up”) will also receive an Intuos Pro Medium (RRP NZ $579) from Wacom (or a prize of greater or equivalent cash value).
Entries for this year’s Gwangmyeong Concept Design Competition close at 5 pm, 20 July 2018.