If you are interested in receiving an Army Reserve Officer Training Corps scholarship, then you have a lucky chance to apply for the GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign provides you an excellent opportunity. The program will be open for US citizens who are currently in the army reserve or eligible to enlist.
GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign recipients participate in the simultaneous membership program, which gives them experience with an army reserve unit while earning additional money for their service.
America’s Army Reserve has delivered decisive capabilities to the battlefield, fulfilling our integral role as a force-provider for the most lethal land power in the world. America’s Army Reserve has always met the challenges of the time. They will continue to provide the ready capabilities the people of the United States expect and deserve.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible
- Open to high school seniors who plan to participate in Army ROTC in college.
- U.S. Citizens are eligible to apply
- Between the ages of 17-30
- Valid Chapter 2 MEPS physical
- Able to pass a valid Army Physical Fitness Test (required to sign a contract and receive scholarship benefits)
- Enroll in ROTC at University of attendance
- Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA to accept the scholarship (if a current student) and 2.0 GPA to maintain scholarship eligibility
- Be in compliance with AR 600-9 HT/WT standards
- Official University/College acceptance letter
- 4YR scholarship for non-prior service applicants require: 2.5 GPA SAT-1000 and/or ACT-19
- Participate in Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)
- Once commissioned…8-year service obligation
- Graduate students can apply! (Can receive up to a 2YR scholarship)
- Must be no older than 30 in the year of your commission
How to Apply
- Eligible for applying, applicants must have an official acceptance letter from the University/College you plan to attend. Must have ROTC program.
- High School: To receive a 4YR GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign for non-prior service applicants you are required to have a 2.5 HS GPA, 1000 SAT, and/or 19 ACT.
- Already in College: To receive a 3YR or less GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign you must have an established college GPA of 2.5 or higher and 2.5 in last academic semesters.
- Inform the ROTC Recruiting Operations Officer (ROO) at the university you plan to attend interest in joining the ROTC program and scholarship.
- The ROO will assist and build the scholarship request packet. You will require the following docs to submit with the application:
- DA 4824 USAR SMP Agreement
- Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from Army Reserve unit
- Nomination Letter for GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign from an Army Reserve Ambassador, CASA, or MSC CDR.
- The ROO and/or local Army Recruiter will assist you with obtaining all of the above-mentioned documents.
- Receive full tuition and fees (uncapped) or room and board ($10,000 per year) at the participating University of attendance
- Receive Cadet stipend monthly ($420 Freshman-Senior)
- Receive a book stipend of $1,200 annually ($600 per semester)
Application Deadline: Applications are closed for the GRFD Scholarship Minuteman Campaign is September 30, 2019