The American Society for Bioethics and Humanities Committee has declared a Graphic Design Contest for the members of ASBH and non-members. The members and non-members can participate in this Contest individually or form a group of 5 people to showcase their design work. The theme for this Contest has been set as ‘Re imaging and Claiming the Public Role of Bioethics and the Health Humanities,’ participants have to build a graphic design and photographs relevant to this theme and share their thoughts and how advancement is needed in biology, medicine, and technologies in social, human life and well-being.
The best design which will describe and relate to the theme will be chosen as the winner. Their design may appear on the ASBH conference materials with one paragraph describing the winning submission and one paragraph with biographical relation signage or displayed on the ASBH website. The winner will also get the advantage of a complimentary registration in the 2022 ASBH Annual Conference and a year of ASBH membership. The participant will be honored to express and design the seriousness and betterment of Bioethics and Humanities.
The ASBH was founded in 1998 by merging the Society for health and human values, the Society for Bioethics Consultation, and the American Association of Bioethics. They aim to promote the exchange of ideas and foster multi-disciplinary, inter-disciplinary, and inter-professional scholarship, research, teaching, policy development, professional development, and collegiality among people in clinical and academic bioethics efforts in the health-related humanities.
Check out the short information provided of this Contest:
|Subjects||Bioethics and humanities|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||March 01, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
- Both Members and non-members of ASBH
- Contestants can participate individually and with a group of a maximum of 5
How to Apply?
The participants interested and want to participate in this Contest should make their graphics using digital resources or draw the designs, paint them, or any other way. The digital designs should be submitted as 300 dpi in JPG or PDF file; if it is traditionally hand-drawn, it should be scanned and 300 dpi in JPG or PDF format. The dimension of graphics submission must be 8.5*11 inches or more, submissions larger than this will be acceptable. The artists should submit their artwork in any form they like and keep the theme in mind so that it can relate, and also they should try to make it more meaningful and conveying. The entries for this Contest must be submitted to their official portal provided below.
Official Rules to be remembered and followed:
- All artists will retain the rights to their work but must grant ASBH unlimited license to use all or part of the design about the 2022 Annual Conference.
- To the extent allowed by law, the artist grants a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive, sublicensable, unconditional, and transferable license to ASBH to edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, reproduce, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, adapt, exhibit, and otherwise use or reuse the artist’s entry, name, biographical material, including, but not limited to, use for advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes, without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation to the entrant or any third party.
- The determination of eligibility of entries and any interpretation of these rules is at the sole discretion of ASBH and shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
- The entrants agree to follow and be bound by these rules by participating.
The contestants who will participate in this Contest will be by the committee conducting the program. The entries will be judged based on their artwork and designs, like how meaningful it is, how conveying and relation with the theme. After judging, one winner will get selected for the best entry. The designs made will appear on conference materials, signage, or displayed on the ASBH website, as deemed appropriate by ASBH. Moreover, the winner artist, whether individual or group, will be recognized in conference material with one paragraph describing the winning submission and one biographical paragraph. The winning entry will be granted one complimentary registration for the 2022 ASBH Annual Conference and a year of ASBH membership. This will motivate the participants to explore their ideas and thinking capacity to advance and better bioethics and humanities.
The eligible and interested applicants should register before the chance gets lost, i.e., before March 01, 2022. The late applicants will lose the chance and will not be able to get into the Contest.