The University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music is taking a marvelous initiative of assisting highly qualified trumpet, horn, trombone, and tuba players in their further educational journey. The applicants must be enrolled in a two-year Master of Music (MM) or Artist Diploma (AD) program to be eligible for the program.
The aim behind introducing the scholarship is to provide the correct guidance from CCM’s illustrious faculty members including Phil Collins, Michael Mergen, Tim Anderson, Peter Norton, and Tim Northcut. The recipients of the program will get to receive sufficient funds to be used for any relevant purposes.
The University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) is known as a preeminent institution for the performing and media arts. The university provides life-changing experiences within a highly creative and multidisciplinary artistic environment. The synergy created by housing CCM within a comprehensive public university gives the college its unique character.
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible for the program, the candidates must be reviewing all the eligibility criteria:
- Open to highly qualified trumpet, horn, trombone, and tuba players. Pre-formed Quintets are preferred but not required
- Fellows must be enrolled in a two-year Master of Music (MM) or Artist Diploma (AD) program at CCM.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who are willing to apply for the fellowship are asked to fill out an online application form according to their eligibility. The forms are to be wholly filled with providing all the necessary credentials to get consideration for the award. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- Undergraduate Application Instructions for first-time college students and students transferring from another college or university (non-UC students)
- Graduate Application Instructions for students who are applying to a Masters, Artist Diploma, or Doctorate program
- Additional Application Instructions for international applicants (undergraduate and graduate applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents)
- Change in College and Program Application Instructions for current UC students who wish to change to a major within CCM
- Re-admission Application Instructions for previous UC students who want to complete a CCM degree program
The Graduate Brass Quintet Fellowship program will provide full-tuition scholarship support and a graduate assistantship stipend of $8,000 per academic year. The selected fellows will receive guidance from CCM’s illustrious faculty members including Phil Collins, Michael Mergen, Tim Anderson, Peter Norton and Tim Northcut, as well as guest artists like Alison Balsom, Warren Deck, the American Brass Quintet, the Army Band Brass Quintet, and Harmonic Brass. The Graduate Brass Quintet will coach undergraduate winds and brass chamber ensembles.
The interested students are asked to complete an application and submit it to the CCM by December 1 and submit required pre-screening materials by November 15 to be considered for this fellowship.