Google partnered with Lime Connect is pleased to announce the Google Lime Scholarship. The scholarship is available to full – time undergraduate and graduate students who are living with disabilities and pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a degree in a closely related technical field.
The purpose of the program is to help university students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in the field of computer science. Recipients of the 2019 Google Lime Scholarship will each receive a scholarship for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Have, or consider themselves to have a visible or invisible disability
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2018-19 academic year
- Continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2019-20 academic year
- Maintain a strong academic performance
- Be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a degree in a closely related technical field
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for computer science and technology
- A current undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada (freshmen/first years and international students studying in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply)
- Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered
- This scholarship is not open to current high school students.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, when the application is open you can apply by logging into or joining The Lime Network at https://www.limeconnect.com/programs/
You will provide:
- Contact, education and experience information
- Current resume & unofficial transcripts
- Five essays – this is your opportunity to show us your passion for computer science
- One letter of recommendation from professors, advisers or supervisors (names and email addresses of references must be entered by the application deadline – letters of recommendation themselves are due one week later)
- Recipients of the 2019 Google Lime Scholarship will each receive a scholarship for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Selected students will also be invited to attend the annual Google Scholars’ Retreat at the Googleplex in Mountain View, California, in summer 2019.
- Candidates will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities with Google.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and a demonstrated passion for computer science – $10,000 for those studying in the US and $5,000 for those studying in Canada (based on tuition costs).
The application deadline is December 9, 2018.
If you have any questions regarding the competition process, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org