To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences, Google has established the Google Conference Scholarships for the scholastic year 2022-2023.
Google is offering the Google Conference Scholarship to individuals for selected conferences in the tech industry and related fields. Students from North America are eligible to apply. The scholarship award will typically allow and enable the students to attend conferences.
Google is an American multinational technology company that believes diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. Google has been referred to as the “most powerful company in the world” and one of the world’s most valuable brands due to its market dominance, data collection, and technological advantages in the area of artificial intelligence.
|Number of Awards||NA|
Who is eligible?
- Have a strong academic and/or professional background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Be able to attend the core day(s) of one of the conferences (either virtually or in person)
- Are (1) a resident of North America and US Territories, (2) studying or working in North America, or (3) will be in North America at the time of the conference
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Applications must be completed by 5:00 p.m. ET on the day of the deadline
How to apply
The students can then make scholarship applications via the application forms available in the drop-down menu of each eligible region. (Hyperlink ‘application forms’ with https://buildyourfuture.withgoogle.com/scholarships/google-travel-scholarships/
The students that will be selected on the basis of the regional eligibility criterion for the scholarship will be given the opportunity to attend the tech conferences at Google. The students will have the choice of whichever conference they wish to attend.
The students are required to follow the application deadline as per the application pathways of their respective colleges. To apply for the scholarship, students are required to observe the application deadlines for the conference they wish to attend.