Students who are dedicated to making their community a better place by planning community service projects are cordially invited to join its the Good Works College Scholarship. The program is being designed by the Fairfax criminal defense attorney Karin Riley Porter.
The candidates who will fit in the awards are an undergraduate, graduate, and law school students, and incoming college freshmen at an accredited U.S. educational institution. They also need to be in good academic standing to apply.
Fairfax criminal defense attorney Karin Riley Porter is a criminal defence lawyer located in Fairfax. It is committed to defending and fighting for those facing offences such as theft, assault, and domestic violence-related charges.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible?
To eligible for the scholarship, the candidates must be following the given eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be an undergraduate, graduate, and law school students, as well as incoming college freshmen at an accredited U.S. educational institution.
- The candidate must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Additionally, they must also show dedicated interest in community service and projects about criminal justice.
How to Apply
Students who want to be considered for the program are asked to submit their complete application via email to scholarships-at-virginia-criminallawyer.com. The email should contain a subject line: “[Applicant’s Name] – 2020 Karin Riley Porter Good Works Scholarship”.
- Must submit a current resume,
- Must contain an academic transcript,
- Must provide a letter of recommendation,
- Must write a 500-word essay that identifies the applicant and describes the applicant’s leadership and dedication in giving back to his or her community through community service projects, including projects involving criminal justice issues.
The Fairfax criminal defense attorney will be awarding $1,000 scholarship to one student who is actively engaged in making their community a better place by planning community service projects. The grant will help the recipient to cover his/her educational expenses.
The eligible candidates should submit their complete applications by the deadline, which is October 31, 2020.