Is serving as a teacher your dream? Do you possess potential and drive to be a highly effective teacher? If you said yes, then we have good news for you! Applications are being invited for a generous funding opportunity called Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Program. This scholarship is funded by Golden Apple organization and currently available for the academic year of 2020-2021. To be eligible to take advantage of this opportunity, you should be enrolled at an accredited college as a high school senior or freshman or sophomore student.
Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Program is exciting teacher preparation and tuition assistance program. This program is aimed at preparing aspiring teachers for immediate and lasting success in the most challenging teaching environments. The perks of this program include not only monetary support but also academic and social-emotional support, job placement assistance, mentorship and much more. Taking part in this program will help you gain an understanding of what it is like to be a teacher and how you can effectively work as a teacher that all will help you when you start teaching full-time after graduation. Apart from this, this scholarship will provide you with monetary aid that will lessen your burden of financial hardships and help you complete your education debt-free.
Golden Apple is a US-based organization founded in 1985 to prepare effective teachers for rural, suburban and urban schools-of-need in Illinois. It offers a variety of scholars and accelerators programs to support its mission of preparing the next generation of leaders in the field of teaching. Since its establishment, it has been committed to resolving the problem of the teacher shortage. So far, it has delivered many effective educators who have been making an impact from day one. Through its programs, it provides financial support, mentorship and instructions to future teachers.
Get quick information about award amount, deadline and other at a glance this given table:
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Application Deadline||April 1, 2022|
|Requirements||References, personal statement and unofficial transcripts|
Who May Be Eligible?
These are the general requirements for this program:
- Entrants should be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens and residents of Illinois
- Participants must be Illinois high school seniors, Illinois partner university freshmen or sophomores, Illinois community college students.
How to Apply
To start the application process, you need to follow these given steps:
- Complete online application, including references and personal statements. To get access to the online application, applicants will need to sign up or log in through the online portal of Golden Apple.
- Upload Unofficial Transcripts
- Submit Standardized Test Scores (ACT or SAT)
- Participate in prospective Scholar interviews
This program requires participants to submit references, personal statements and upload unofficial transcripts.
Successful candidates will gain the following perks:
- Tuition assistance, up to $23,000;
- Paid Scholar Institutes that include courses and extensive classroom/work experience;
- Academic and social-emotional support;
- Job placement assistance;
- Mentoring from our award-winning teaching faculty.
The application deadline is April 1, 2022. Applications submitted after the main deadline will not be accepted.