Go Overseas is delighted to announce Study Abroad Scholarship in New Zealand to encourage more students to seriously consider studying abroad in New Zealand. The scholarship is open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States or DC except for Rhode Island and Canadian residents who are 18 years of age or older.
Education New Zealand and Go Overseas are passionate about studying abroad in New Zealand. They are awarding five scholarships worth up to $15,000 USD to undergraduate and graduate students for European and US students.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States or DC except for Rhode Island and Canadian residents who are 18 years of age or older.
- Rhode Island residents are eligible for the additional scholarships offered by providers and institutions.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://www.gooverseas.com/user/registration/promo
- Officers, directors, employees, and agents (and their immediate families or household members) of Sponsor, and its respective Affiliated Companies, agencies, and authorized dealers are not permitted to enter the Contests.
- Provide truthful and accurate information regarding the User and submit only one entry.
- Choose up to three (3) study abroad options as listed in the “Choose Your Programs” section.
- The winner will not be able to switch providers or institutions after they have been awarded.
- Submit a photo containing the User along with the theme of celebrating Kiwi pride or otherwise includes a kiwi, the New Zealand flag, a map of New Zealand, or other elements of Kiwi tradition or heritage.
- The photo must be less than 4 megabytes.
- Submit a short essay (between 500 and 2000 words) explaining “Why you want to study abroad in New Zealand.”
- Only one User Entry is permitted per User. User Entries improperly submitted or submitted after the Contest Period will not be considered.
- User Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and must not:
- Include any trademarks, logos, or copyrighted materials not owned by the User or used without the relevant owner’s express written permission (such as people’s names, faces, etc.);
- use any individuals’ full names, in whole or in part without permission in a form acceptable to Sponsor
- contain objectionable content
- defame, misrepresent, reference public figures, or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies, including, but not limited to Sponsor
- make threats of any kind or intimidate, harass, or bully anyone
- contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, living, or dead without express written permission; or
- violate any local, state, provincial, territorial, national or international law or post any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense and be contrary to the public orders of the designated countries.
A total of one (1) grand prize shall be awarded (“Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize description is listed below:
- Education New Zealand – Academic scholarship to the academic institution of User’s choice as listed on the Go Overseas Contest Page ($15,000 USD value). The maximum value of the scholarship is $15,000 USD (“Scholarship Amount”), any additional educational costs exceeding the Scholarship Amount shall be the responsibility of the user.
- STA Travel – STA Travel voucher to be used for purchasing airfare to and from New Zealand $2,000. In the event that the airfare purchased by the winner is under $2,000, the winner will not be eligible to receive the difference between the airfare purchase price and the maximum value. The travel voucher is subject to additional terms and conditions that can be found within this agreement.
- Three (3) Additional Master’s Degree scholarships will be awarded as follows:
- Auckland University: $10,000 NZD
- University of Otago: $10,000 NZD
- Victoria University of Wellington: $10,000 NZD
The Contest Period begins at 12:00:00 AM United States Pacific Time on September 3, 2018, and ends at 11:59:59 PM United States Pacific Time on October 15, 2018.