Grab a competitive as well as beneficial funding program called the Gloria Barron Scholarship open for 2021. This award is provided by Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes to recognize the effort of people who are dedicated to community service. For this program, applications are welcome from public-spirited young people between the ages of 8 and 18 currently working on an inspiring service project or have done so within the past 12 months. Applicants must be currently residing in the USA and Canada.
This funding program has been supporting and rewarding the young leaders who are giving back to society. Gloria Barron Scholarship has been successful in instilling the desire for social work in students. This funding program comes with exciting awards such as monetary support, networking opportunities, recognization gift, media coverage, and many more. Being indulged in social work is very important for students. It can help them develop leadership quality, compassion, and ethics. That is why Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes offers this award that motivates such extraordinary service activities initiated by students.
Founded in 2001 by author T.A. Barron, Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes motivates inspiring, public-spirited young people from diverse backgrounds around North America. Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes awards scholarships annually to 25 outstanding young leaders ages 8 to 18 who have significantly impacted people, their communities, and the environment.
For quick information, go through this table:
|Organization||Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||April 15, 2022|
Who May Be Eligible
Meeting the following requirements is necessary for all applicants:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 8 and 18 (not yet age 19);
- Candidates should be permanent residents of and currently residing in the U.S.A. or Canada;
- Aspirants must be currently working on an inspiring service project or have done so within the past 12 months;
- Participants must be working as an individual to lead their service work. The Barron Prize does not accept applications from large groups of young people.
How to Apply
To access the online application form, you need to create a new account or log in with your existed one through the online portal of the Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes. Contents of the application are regarded as public information once submitted and should not include private or privileged information.
- A letter from the Lead Reference from an adult advocate who has a solid knowledge of the young person’s heroic activities;
- Two additional letters of recommendation.
- Winners each receive $10,000 to be applied to their higher education or their service project.
- A beautiful personalized plaque and recognition certificate.
- A signed copy of The Hero’s Trail by Barron Prize founder T.A. Barron, along with a copy of Dream Big
- Networking Opportunities
- Numerous media opportunities, including print, television, and radio – to publicize and extend the reach of their service work.
The application will due on April 15, 2022. Applications must be completed and submitted online by our deadline.