The Combat Antisemitism Movement (CAM) is presenting to you a new contest for fashion designers from all across the world, to harness their creative talents to fight prejudice, foster interfaith tolerance, and help build a better world free of Antisemitism. The following contest targets designers seeking a career-launching opportunity. The following “Hedy Strnad Fashion Design Contest provides you the chance to submit entries in three categories as per your choice and have a chance of winning a scholarship amount up to $15,000.
The primary purpose of launching this contest is to invite and encourage designers from all around the globe to join an artistic initiative to turn the tables and inspire a fashion uprising with fresh transformative trends that spread messages against Jew-hatred and bigotry of all forms. The contest is to help fashion maintain its historic role as an effective method for promoting impactful social change. The participants are expected to express their artistic and creative talent in an original piece matching one of the categories believe. Your design must be fashionable, aesthetic, and unique. The deadline for the submissions for the contest is February 1, 2022.
The Combat Antisemitism Movement (CAM) is a non-partisan, global grassroots movement of individuals and organizations, across all religions and faiths, united to combat antisemitism. Their platform creates partnerships throughout the world, strategically implementing new and creative solutions to combat the world’s oldest hatred. CAM fights antisemitism wherever it occurs and across the ideological spectrum, including efforts to deny the Jewish people their right to self-determination in Israel, their ancestral homeland.
Here is a brief description for you concerning the following scholarship:
|Number of Awards||3|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Contest Deadline||February 1, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements that need to be satisfied for participating in the following scholarship contest:
- Open to all designers from all backgrounds.
- Jews and non-Jews, students and adults, and citizens from any country in the world are encouraged to submit an entry.
- You must be 13 years or older to participate in the contest.
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to submit their respective designs to the link given on the contest portal. Choose any of the following categories and design accordingly:
- “Accessories of Change”: Submit an entry that is a fashion accessory (such as hats, gloves, shoes, jewelry, belts, bags, scarves, etc.) designed to feature visual messaging against antisemitism and turn heads on the street.
- “The Power of Print”: Submit an entry that is a clothing print people can wear (i.e. on t-shirts, which are a highly visible platform), that includes images and texts educating people about interfaith coexistence or highlighting a symbol synonymous with the global campaign against antisemitism.
- “A Piece for Peace”: Submit an entry that is an original runway piece — with the idea it could be featured in a future fashion show – that, through creative production techniques and use of materials, manifests inclusion and intercultural solidarity, and makes people question their preexisting notions about Jew-hatred.
All the submissions will be reviewed and judged based on the originality and creativity of your design. Out of all three categories, the three most deserving candidates will be chosen and be announced as the winners.
The winners will be awarded a one-time scholarship amount of up to $15,000. There will be five runner-ups as well and be awarded cash prizes.
The deadline for submission for the following contest is February 1, 2022. No applications will be considered after the deadline.