Applications are now open for the 2018 Global Citizen Prize for Youth Leadership presented by the Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate. The competition is open to the applicants who aged between 18-30 as of the date of the prize ceremony (December 2, 2018).
Selected via an application process, the Youth Leadership prize honors an individual aged 18-30 who have contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending global poverty. The award includes a $250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Must be aged 18-30 as of the date of the prize ceremony (December 2, 2018)
- Must be able to travel to South Africa in early December to accept the prize
- For the period of three years, must be willing to do media interviews and appearances, and grant rights to GC and Cisco to use the name, likeness and related content in GC or Cisco marketing campaigns and on GC or Cisco owned-platforms, such as cisco.com, globalcitizen.org, and social platforms.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link:
- Applicants must apply for the Prize themselves.
- Unfortunately, at this time we are only able to accept applications in English.
- They accept applications from any individual who is doing impactful work and who has a registered legal entity such as non-profit, for-profit, B-corp, social enterprise, etc.
- Your application must include a 2-3 minute video of your pitch, convincing them why you should be awarded this prize.
- Once you have filmed your video, you must provide a link, either from an online drive such as Google or Dropbox or from an online video platform such as YouTube.
- Applications without a video pitch will not be accepted.
- You must accept the terms and conditions as listed here.
- People who are ineligible for this Prize are:
- Any citizen from a country or entity subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)or other government entity of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize
- Employees of Global Citizen or Cisco
- Any organizations who have previously received prize funding or direct grant funding from Cisco or the Cisco Foundation.
- The application consists of three parts: (1) Personal and Organization information, (2) Description of your organization and your work (3) Description of how your work aligns with the judging criteria.
- For the first part, you will be required to submit a scanned copy of your passport and proof of your organization’s registration details including the certificate of registration, incorporation or tax exemption. You must also provide us with a 2-3 minute video of your pitch telling us why you deserve this award.
- For the second part, you will be required to answer 3 short answer questions.
- For the third part, you will describe in 250 words or less, how you have achieved each one of the Prize’s criteria.
The 2018 winner will receive:
- USD $250,000 awarded to a person or specific people on behalf of an organization that is judged to best fit selection criteria.
- An all-inclusive round-trip to Johannesburg, South Africa to attend the Prize Ceremony at the Global Citizen Mandela 100 Festival.
- Networking and development opportunities to support your work.
Entries must be submitted between 6:00 am EDT on September 27, 2018, and 09:00 am EDT on October 15, 2018.
Having trouble submitting your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org