Are you an Arizona resident age 25 and older then here is a valuable opportunity for you? The GK Legacy Foundation is happily expecting applications for their non-traditional scholarships. Candidates are welcome to apply for Healthcare Heroes Scholarship and Keep Your Chin Up scholarship. Fellows should be a United States citizen or permanent resident pursuing an associate’s bachelor’s degree, vocational training, or certification program at an accredited school.
The foundation behind designing these scholarships aims to provide the students with needed financial support and motive them to benefit the nation or contribute toward the growth of the country through their education. These scholarships are non-traditional to enhance the development of Arizona by educating young residents. It makes the student’s educational journey easy and happening. The primary purpose of the foundation is the growth of residents of Arizona and the nation with the help of civilized society.
GK Legacy Foundation, named in honor of George (GK) Keown, is a non-profit organization created to help Arizona residents age 25 and older better their lives through education. They see higher education as the catalyst to empowering individuals to break down the barriers and transform their lives. They believe higher education is not only for future generations; it is for all people of all ages because everyone deserves a brighter future. The scholarships by the foundation provide substantial financial support.
Table of Contents
Follow the table given below to get a quick idea about the scholarship:
|Organization||Gk legacy Foundation|
|Educational Level||Bachelor degree students|
|Amount||$500 to $5000|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||September 1, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, Essay, Transcript|
Who May Be Eligible?
Check the below-mentioned eligibility criteria before applying for the scholarships:
- Fellows should be United States citizen or permanent resident pursuing an associate’s bachelor’s degree, vocational training, or certification program at an accredited school.
- Fellows should be Arizona Resident and Adults 25 years or older.
- The candidate should hold a High school diploma or GED.
- Master’s degree students are not eligible.
How to Apply
Only the eligible candidates are welcome to apply for the scholarships. Fellows need to complete the application form of the respective scholarship they qualify with. The foundation will reject late or incomplete forms. All the required materials should be provided without any negligence. Any incomplete materials will not be entertained for the program. Submit all the data and materials before the deadlines.
- Proof of financial need and enrollment is required.
- Arizona driver’s license or other AZ issued ID should be submitted.
- Letter of recommendation, most recent tax return, Job History, College transcripts (if applicable), Copy of FAFSA application (if applicable) is mandatory.
- Essay (up to 750 words) addressing your college goals, what you intend to do with your education, and why a scholarship is essential to you and your family. Include any personal characteristics, or experiences that make you uniquely worthy of scholarship consideration as well as any information that might help us understand your request for financial assistance.
GK Legacy Foundation is awarding scholarships ranging from $500-$5,000 based on individual need and merit. These scholarships encourage candidates to do better in their academics and motivate them to contribute towards the growth of Arizona. It provides substantial financial support to make it possible for every student to pursue higher education with no financial worries.
Applications should be submitted before September 1, 2021.