- December 4, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: International Students, Student Competitions
The Girls Impact The World Film Festival is now accepting submissions of 3-6 minute short films presented by Connecther.org & Eloise DeJoria. This competition is an annual event open to international students who are currently enrolled in high school or undergraduate programs.
Girls Impact the World is a Connecther initiative seeking to raise awareness about and propose solutions to the most pressing issues facing women around the world today. Winners will receive a monetary prize and film distribution channels via Connecther.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Students enrolled in high school or undergraduate programs are qualified to enter.
- If chosen as a finalist, filmmakers must provide proof of enrollment at their school/university. (Special circumstances may be considered for youth who are not in school.)
- Filmmakers must be 25 years old or under by the submission date of January 20, 2019.
- All countries are welcome to participate, however, due to U.S. export regulations; they may have difficulty disbursing scholarship funds if winners are residents of Cuba, North Korea, Sudan, Iran, and/or Syria.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://www.connecther.org/gitw/enter
- Applicants must submit 3-6 minute short films that focus on a variety of global women’s issues, including maternal health, microfinance initiatives, child-marriage, sex-trafficking, poverty alleviation, etc.
- Students may only be awarded either HKSAR Government Scholarship for outstanding performance or Endeavour Merit Award in the academic year 2018/19.
- However, they may be awarded other scholarships/awards under the HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund, such as Talent Development Scholarship and Reaching out Award, in the same academic year.
- You may enter up to two films as long as they address two separate topics.
- Films must be 3 to 6 minutes long. They must focus on a Girls Impact the World topic and/or propose solutions to one critical challenge within that topic.
- Films must be created after January 1, 2018.
- Be an original film that does not contain copyrighted material.
- Original work should never be a copy or remake of another film.
- All girls Impact the World Film Festival film submission must be original works made entirely by students. That means that scripts and storyboards, directing, cinematography, editing, etc., must be done by students aged 25 and under although teachers and advisers can offer input.
- Actors and film subjects may be non-students.
- PowerPoint’s will not be accepted.
- Entries must be original films that have not yet been submitted to other film festivals.
- Judges’ Choice Grand Prize: $5000
- Judges’ Choice 1st Runner Up $2500
- Judges’ Choice 2nd Runner Up $1000
- Gems’ Choice Grand Prize: $1000
- People’s Choice Winner: $2500 (based on the total number of FB likes + tweets – the winner will be chosen from the top 10 most popular)
- Most Innovative Film or Solution prize: $1000
- Ian Somerhalder Foundation Green IS Prize – $2500
- Honest Beauty Prize – $2500
- Global Impact Prize: $2,500
- Stand Up Men Prize: $2,500
- Girls in STEM Prize: $2,000
- Let Girls Learn Prize: $1,000
Film entry deadline is January 20, 2019, at 11:59 PM CST.
If you have any question, get in touch with Connecther and HUWIB at firstname.lastname@example.org.