Massachusetts Gilbert Matching Student Grant Program is sponsored by the Office of Student Financial Assistance at the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education. Every year they launch various scholarships to help the students from Massachusetts or the students who want to study in Massachusetts. The following grant (GMSGP) offers funds to understudies who are enrolled or planning to enroll at Massachusetts’ foundations of advanced education and schools of nursing. No less than 100% of the funds should be utilized for direct monetary help to college understudies from Massachusetts so they might join in or keep on going to such institutions of advanced education.
To be qualified for a Massachusetts Gilbert Grant, an understudy must be a reliant understudy who is a permanent lawful occupant of Massachusetts and whose parents are also permanent inhabitants of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for the year before the beginning of the scholarly year; or an autonomous understudy who has been a permanent occupant of the Commonwealth for the year immediately before the beginning of the academic year. The candidate must be a U.S. Resident or non-resident qualified under Title IV guidelines. He also must be consistent with Selective Service Registration and be selected full time (something like 12 credits or its same) at a qualified establishment. The candidate must show monetary aid needs as controlled by program rules.
The mission of the Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) is to elevate and upgrade admittance to advanced education by conveying quality understudy monetary aid information and administrations to occupants of the Commonwealth, and subsequently guaranteeing that they have a chance to advance their lives and add to the financial turn of events and social advancement of the state.
Table of Contents
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Massachusetts Office of Student Financial Assistance|
|Education Level||College students|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarship is as follows:
- Be a dependent student who is a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts and whose source of support is a parent who has been a permanent resident of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for the 12 months before the opening of the academic year; or an independent student who has been a permanent resident of the Commonwealth for the 12 months immediately preceding the opening of the academic year.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or non-citizen eligible under Title IV regulations.
- Comply with Selective Service Registration.
- Not be in default of any federal or state Student Loans for attendance at any institution or owe a refund for any previous financial aid received.
- Be enrolled full-time (at least 12 credits or its equivalent) at an eligible institution.
- Not have earned a bachelor’s or professional degree or their equivalent.
- Not have earned a first diploma from a hospital or professional nursing program.
- Be maintaining satisfactory academic progress following institutional and federal standards.
- Demonstrate financial aid need as determined by program guidelines.
How to Apply?
The eligible candidates will have to contact their institution’s financial aid office for application requirements and deadlines. They may also call the DHE’s Office of Student Financial Assistance at (617) 391-6070 for additional information regarding the application procedure of this particular grant.
The office of student financial assistance at the Massachusetts Higher Education Department will be awarding funds to eligible students for pursuing their post-secondary education in Massachusetts. The Massachusetts Gilbert Grant awards range from $200 to $2500 per academic year.
There is no deadline mentioned for the Massachusetts Gilbert Grant, and the applications are open throughout the year to enter the program. Hurry up and grab the opportunity.