If you require financial support to advance your education, then you should not miss this opportunity. Government Finance Officers Association provides various scholarships for deserving students. In 1985, the Though GFOA’s executive board voted to create the many types of scholarships. These scholarships will effectively reduce the financial problems of the students. These programs are open for graduate students preparing for their careers in state and local government finance. These funding opportunities from GFOA will help you to continue your studies in your chosen field of study.
To participate in this program, you should be a resident of the USA and Canada, and not be the previous winners of any of these programs. These programs support those students who want to focus on their careers along with their studies. These scholarships target graduate and undergraduate students needing monetary help to do better in their learning journey. It is also a good opportunity for accounting students to get the required support.
The government was founded in 1906 to represent public finance officials throughout the United States and Canada. The association has more than 20,000 members. The mission of the government finance officers association is to advance excellence in public finance.
To get quick information regarding the program, please check out the table below:
|Organization||Government Finance Officers Association|
|Education Level||College and university students|
|Number of Awards||5|
|Country||USA and Canada|
|Application Deadline||January 14, 2022|
|Requirements||Letter of recommendation, application, and online form|
Who is Eligible?
The Criteria of each program are different. But the mandatory requirement is mentioned below:
- Letter of Recommendation: Employer and someone who can speak to your commitment to the public sector
- Participants must be citizens or permanent residents of the united state or Canada
- Anyone who participates has never been a winner of this program before.
How to Apply
Contenders can submit their applications online along with letters of recommendation. You may apply for multiple scholarships with the same application, but please check eligibility for each scholarship.
Award amount and scholarship names are mentioned below for your reference:
· Goldberg-Miller Public Finance Scholarship Amount: $20,000
· Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship Amount: $10,000
· Minorities In Government Finance Scholarship Amount: $10,000
· Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship Amount: $10,000
· Jeffrey L. Esser Career Development Scholarship Amount: $5000 TO $15,000
These scholarship programs will effectively reduce the financial burden of students.
Applications are now open. Please apply as soon as possible. You should not miss such a great opportunity. Entries are open until January 14, 2022.