Desall.com is delighted to announce GEWISS – Switch on Design – Product Design Contest organized by GEWISS, an international leader in the production of systems and components for low voltage electrical installations. The contest is open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older.
New product design contest on Desall.com GEWISS and Desall invite you to design a new product for the home domestics system, proposing two new cover plates and two new switch buttons.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Open to designers and creative talents of any nationality
- Aged 18 years or older.
- Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com website, via the upload page related to “Switch on Design” will be accepted.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link:
Participation is free of charge. For the correct realization of your proposals, keep into consideration the following guidelines:
Cover Plates: You are invited to propose a new design for two domestic cover plates (i.e. not for industrial use), each hosting three button-modules (i.e. switches) and at the same time perform an important aesthetic function.
Cover plate versions: the cover plates you suggest shall be available in two versions, characterized by two different styles and customer targets: a cover plate inspired by the Top system model and a new squared cover plate.
- Version inspired by the Top system model: You are invited to suggest a new cover plate inspired by the current Top system model (see Material files), maintaining the classical style and suggesting an always current design.
- Style: the cover plate shall be characterized by rounded shapes, with a classical design and a sober and functional style, able to enrich every environment and to adapt to various installation contexts.
- Customer typology: the target customer will be a public with a classical taste.
- Squared cover plate version: The second version of the cover plate you are invited to design shall represent a totally new product that may aesthetically distinguish itself from the other cover plates available on the market. In order to create an innovative product, you are free to explore modern shapes and languages, in line with the most current aesthetic trends.
- Style: the cover plate shall have squared shapes, minimal lines, with a modern style, in compliance with the most current aesthetic trends.
- Customer typology: the target customer will be a public with a modern taste.
Characteristics common to both cover plates:
- Cover plates size: the cover plates shall have a minimum size of 117x80mm, able to host three switch buttons (for the size of the switch buttons, see the Switch buttons size paragraph). The minimum height shall be 7mm.
- In order to host the three button-modules for the switch buttons, each cover plate shall have a rectangular internal opening measuring 69, 5×45; 7mm (see Material files).
- Mounting modalities: the cover plates will be fixed on the support unit through snap fits. For an example, see the catalog attached in the Material files.
- Where to use: the cover plates are meant for indoor use. Switch On Design www.desall.com | open design & innovation
- Materials: the cover plates shall be realized in single-component thermoplastic technopolymers.
- Production technologies and costs: the cover plates will be realized through injection molding and shall have a low production cost.
- Logo: the GEWISS logo shall be embossed on the cover plates directly through the molding process; with a character size equal to about 3mm for the height and proportional length (see Material files).
- Surface finishing: the cover plates shall have a glossy finishing.
- Coherence between elements: in order to ensure an aesthetic continuity between the GEWISS products included in the catalog and in particular between the cover plates and the switch buttons you design, you are invited to maintain a coherent style among the various elements and in line with the brand
- The 1st prize winner will receive €4000.
- For the duration of the options right, the Sponsor offers an extra chance to all participants setting a fee of Euro 2,500.00
Upload phase from 17th September 2018 to December 17, 2018 (1.59 PM UTC).
For questions about the competition, contact at email@example.com.