Getty Foundation is pleased to announce the Getty Scholar Grants for established scholars, or writers who have attained distinction in their fields. The grant is open to researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
Recipients are in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue their own projects free from academic obligations, make use of Getty collections, join their colleagues in a weekly meeting devoted to an annual research theme, and participate in the intellectual life of the Getty.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applications are welcome from researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
- Applicants who received their degree less than five years ago should apply for a postdoctoral fellowship.
- Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Scholar Grants.
- Recent recipients who have received a Getty Scholar award within the past three years may be removed from consideration.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To win the competition you need to do register through the given link:
Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Getty Scholar grant application form, along with the attachments described below, by the deadline.
- Project Proposal: Each application must include a description of the applicant’s proposed plan for study and research (not to exceed five pages, typed and double-spaced). The description should indicate
- How the project bears upon the scholar year theme and
- How the project would be advanced by the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Optional Writing Sample
- Getty Scholars may be in residence from three to nine months:
- Three-month residency: September to December, January to March, April to June: $17,200
- Six-month residency: September to March, January to June: $42,000
- Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000
- The grant also includes an office at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa, an apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex, airfare to and from Los Angeles, and available healthcare option.
- These terms apply as of July 2018 and are subject to future changes.
Note: See important information about the terms of these grants here
The deadline for submission of application materials is 5:00 p.m. (PDT) on October 1, 2018.
Address inquiries to the following: Attn: Getty Scholar Grants Phone: (310) 440-7374 or email@example.com