Getty Foundation is inviting application for Getty Getty Predoctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships and Postdoctoral Fellowships. These Pre- and Postdoctoral Fellowships are intended for emerging scholars who are working on projects related to the Getty Research Institute’s annual theme.
Recipients are in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue research projects, complete their dissertations, or expand dissertation for publication. Getty Predoctoral Fellows will receive a stipend of $25,000 and Getty Postdoctoral Fellows will receive a stipend of $30,000.
Who May Eligible:
- Applications for Getty Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships are welcome from scholars of all nationalities.
- Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible.
- To be eligible to apply for the 2019-2020 scholar year, Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants should not have received their degree earlier than 2014.
- Successful Predoctoral Fellowship applicants who are awarded their degree after the application deadline but before the fellowship begins, or who receive their doctorate while in residence, automatically become Postdoctoral Fellows.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must need to do register through the given link: https://getty.fluxx.io/user_sessions/new
- Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Pre- and Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Fellowship application form (which includes uploading a Project Proposal; Selected Bibliography; Doctoral Dissertation Plan or Abstract; Curriculum Vitae; Writing Sample; and Confirmation letter by the deadline.
- Getty Predoctoral Fellowship applicants must have advanced to candidacy by the application deadline and should expect to complete their dissertations during the fellowship period.
- Getty Predoctoral Fellows are in residence for nine months from late-September to late-June and receive a stipend of $25,000.
- Getty Postdoctoral Fellows are in residence for nine months from late-September to late-June and receive a stipend of $30,000.
- Both fellowships also provide a workspace at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa, an apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex, airfare to and from Los Angeles, and makes healthcare options available.
The application will close on October 1, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. (PDT).