The Office of International Education (OIE) at Georgia Institute of Technology is pleased to announce OIE Photo Contest. The competition is open to degree-seeking Georgia tech study abroad students or international students who took photos as part of their international experience.
Georgia Tech offers life-changing international opportunities-whether that’s studying here in Atlanta, studying abroad, researching or interning abroad. The Office of International Education (OIE) seeks to enable those students to share their stories through their own personal lens through the annual Photo Contest.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Degree-seeking Georgia Tech Study Abroad Students or International Students who took photos as part of their international experience are eligible to submit 1 photo per category.
- Students who studied abroad on a Non-GT program are not eligible to submit entries to the Photo Contest.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit Photo Contest Entry Form through the given link: https://oie2.gatech.edu/content/2017-oie-international-photo-contest-entry-form
- Highlight Photo (US & Abroad):
- Choose a photo that represents the ‘highlight’ of your time abroad; typically a cultural experience or memorable moment.
- Best Landscape Photo (US & Abroad)
- These photos highlight natural beauty found in landscapes around the world
- Best Cityscape Photo (US & Abroad):
- These photos highlight the charm and creativity of man-made metropolitan environments
- Best Ramblin’ Abroad Photo (US & Abroad):
- GA Tech logos must be shown. These showcase Georgia Tech spirit while studying abroad, or where students have shared a photo of their experience while abroad.
- Best #BuzzingAbroad Photo:
- Only 1 photo per category will be accepted (up to a total of 4 Submissions per person)
- All photo submissions must be submitted using the online form and photos/jpg must measure at least 2400 X 3000 pixels or 3000 X 2400 pixels
- Photos that don’t match the dimensions requirement, will not be considered in the contest
- Photos that don’t match the contest category, may be moved to the appropriate category at the judge’s discretion
- Last year’s winners received North Face backpacks
- OIE Staff will select the winners for each category and no student can win more than one category.
- Then the GT Campus community will help to select the winning entries by liking their favorites on Facebook and #BuzzingAbroad favorites on Instagram.
- The winners will be announced during International Education Week
Submissions will be accepted through August 31, 2018.