The US-Ireland Alliance Organization is providing an enormous George J. Mitchell Scholarships in honor of the former U.S. Senator. The aspirants, who hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and are United States citizens, are eligible to apply and grab the scholarship fund.
The aim of the program is to introduce and connect generations of future American leaders to the island of Ireland. The recipients who will be selected by the organization will be handed over a great amount to be used for their further higher and quality education and its expenses.
US-Ireland Alliance is a non-profit, proactive, and neutral organization which is focused on strengthening the existing relations in the United States and the Republic of Ireland. The main aim is to build up the future relationship between the two countries.
Who May Be Eligible?
All aspirants, who wish to apply for this Scholarship Program, must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- All the participants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Degrees from international accredited universities will be accepted if all other conditions will the same.
- While married applicants or students with partners are eligible.
- All eligible students who are prepared to enter a rigorous Scholarship competition are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for the fellowship program, the eligible applicants need to create their account by signing up to begin the application process. Students are asked to submit their complete information along with the required credentials to get considered.
- Passport-style photo (PDF)
- Personal statement – 1,000-word maximum
- A transcript in a single PDF form.
- Four letters of recommendation
- A scan of your signature in (PDF) form.
- Contact information for the Institutional Endorser (undergraduate students only), including the complete mailing address of your university.
- Institutional endorsement- must not exceed 750 words.
- Information about your awards, achievements, community service, etc.
The Program provides full tuition, housing, and a monthly living stipend (currently USD 1250) for up to one year of post-graduate college study in Ireland. Up to twelve Scholars are selected. However, the number is not fixed and depends on the Selection Committee assessment of candidates, as well as university placement in Ireland.
The application deadline is September 29, 2020, at 5 pm Eastern Time.