The Geological Society of London is now accepting applications for the Earth Model Award to foster the link between industry and academia by rewarding excellence in Master’s level research relevant to natural resource exploration. The award is open to all international geoscience masters students for projects relating natural resource exploration
They accept applications from any eligible student who completes their Master’s degree in 2018. The research should have a strong focus on global geoscience, with implications for natural resource exploration.
The purpose of the award is to stimulate research relevant to global geoscience. This is an opportunity to present your research to a panel of industry and academic professionals and for you and your department to gain recognition for your work.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- They accept entries from students who complete their undergraduate or postgraduate Master’s degree within the 2017/2018 academic year.
- Restrictions apply to applicants with nationalities of and/or universities in countries with comprehensive US sanctions (Cuba, North Korea, Syria, and Iran).
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate in the competition, applicants need to do register through the given link:
- Applications should not be submitted until the thesis is complete.
- You may only submit the thesis that was completed in your final year of study.
- Only 1 submission per thesis is permitted.
- In total, a maximum of 5 submissions per university department and 20 per university are permitted.
- They highly recommend that the academic supervisors determine a shortlist of applicants and either a) submit applications on the students’ behalf or b) asks the student to apply directly.
- The project should relate to global geosciences with implications for natural resource exploration.
- 1st prize of $2,500 USD
- 2nd prize of $1,500 USD and
- 3 rd prize of $1,000 USD
- A matching prize is also donated to the university department.
- Both student and lead academic supervisor are invited to collect the prize at LIFE2019 (Landmark Innovation Forum & Expo) in Houston.
- Winning students are expected to present their research at this event.
The application window for the 2018 Earth Model Award is now open and will close on October 31st, 2018.