Students who are wishing to earn a dignified degree have a wonderful chance to fund their education through Gen. G 10 Scholarships offered by the Gen.G Foundation. This program is available for undergraduate freshmen students interested in gaming and with excellent academic backgrounds. Applicants of the scholarships must be legal residents of the United States to be considered.
These scholarships will be awarded to the deserving students and will strengthen the importance that gaming needs to reach its full potential. For these scholarships, candidates will be selected based on their academic excellence. Winning these awards will also help students better themselves academically, and pave the way for a successful and meaningful life.
Gen.G is the leading esports organization connecting the U.S. and Asia. It is ranked 6 in the inaugural Forbes list of the world’s most valuable esports companies. Gen.G is the only major organization that owns and operates top teams in the world’s leading esports markets. The Gen.G Foundation’s mission is to develop talented young gamers who can lead the industry’s next generation.
Please go through the details that are mentioned in the table below:
|Organization||The Gen.G Foundation|
|Educational Level||Undergraduate Freshmen|
|Subjects||Gaming, esports, entrepreneurship, journalism, or content creation|
|Number of Awards||10|
|Application Deadline||October 15, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
For this scholarship, the foundation expects that candidates must have the following credentials:
- All students who are at least 16 years old and are permanent legal residents of the United States are eligible.
- Any undergraduate freshmen interested in gaming, esports, entrepreneurship, journalism, or content creation, including international students, enrolled in a US university can apply.
- Transfer students are not considered for this scholarship.
How to Apply
To apply, the students must be assured to meet all the criteria. Eligible candidates have to fill an online application form to get considered for the program. Submitting multiple applications will result in disqualification. All documents must clearly show your name and the name and address of the issuing school. These should match what is entered on the application.
- You can only upload one file. If you need to upload multiple pages, a PDF is suggested. Supported formats are PDF, JPG, and PNG. Other file formats will not be accepted. No more than 500 words.
- A transcript or course list showing the courses you are enrolled in for dates that include October 15, 2020. A transcript in .txt format is NOT acceptable. A transcript marked “Unofficial Transcript” will suffice from most institutions.
- A letter from your college student affairs or admissions office stating that you are enrolled as a student for a period that includes October 15, 2020. This letter must:
- Be on school letterhead
- Display a school seal or logo
- Contain a signature and phone number of a representative from the admissions office
- Proof that you have accepted an offer to attend an eligible college or university stating for a semester/grading period starting on or before September 15, 2020. You must not only include an acceptance offer letter, but also show proof that you have accepted the offer.
The Gen.G Foundation is offering $10,000 to their deserving undergraduate freshmen students who can envision a community that promotes inclusion and diversity while encouraging academic excellence. The winners will get their names published on the website and/or Gen.G social media platforms in the coming weeks.
The application must be sent by October 15, 2020, to be applicable.