Geneva Centre for Security Policy and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Program are happy to announce the GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security. This is an international competition and applications are accepted from anywhere in the world.
The prize is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. It seeks to reward the most inspiring, innovative and ground-breaking contribution of the year, whether this comes in the form of an initiative, invention, research publication, or organization.
The prize is intended to encourage and recognize excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security. The project should go beyond national borders in its reach or thinking.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applications may come from any country, but the project should go beyond national borders in its reach or thinking and must seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas.
- A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, and original research or grassroots
- Applications are welcome from either individuals or groups, from both the public and private sectors
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://www.cognitoforms.com/GenevaCentreForSecurityPolicy/_2018GCSPPrizeForInnovationInGlobalSecurity
- Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered.
- Applications must be in English.
- Employees and staff of the GCSP, as well as their family members, are not eligible participants.
- Applications must include:
- A project abstract of 250 words maximum
- A well-developed project description which should not exceed 1,000 words in length.
- The application should include a description of the initiative or project, an explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and our collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field
- Up to five image files (optional).
- The prize is CHF 10’000 in cash, and no equivalent or alternative will be provided.
- In addition to the prize, all travel to, and attendance at the ceremony will be paid by the GCSP.
The deadline for applications is September 27, 2018, at 18:00 UTC+2. The winner will be announced in November 2018.
For further details about the Prize and the application process, contact by email at email@example.com or telephone: +41 (0)22 730 96 00.